"Mazuri for Sale" safe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I would like to try offering Mazuri to my baby leopard. I often see posts on here with Mazuri for sale. Anyone have any recommendations? Has anyone bought any Mazuri off Tortoise Forum? I'm not sure who to buy from, if the "for sale" posts are legit, what's if it's not fresh, etc, etc, etc. My leo is chowing down spring mix, collard greens, and dandelion greens. But I thought I'd offer Mazuri in additon. Maybe I'll get lucky and my russian will eat some too!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoisesupply.com. There are a few other members that sell it one here too. If they are a member that has a lot of participation on this forum, I would not hesitate to buy from them. If they are new and not much participation, I wouldn't buy from them. Not that they are bad or can't be trusted, but because we just wouldn't know much about them. Btw, I tried my leopard on it when he was younger and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. When he was approx. a year and a half is when he would finally eat a little of it. Now, he is two this month and he eats more, not a lot more, but more. Now there are other members whose young leopards took right to it.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
wellington said:
Tortoisesupply.com. There are a few other members that sell it one here too. If they are a member that has a lot of participation on this forum, I would not hesitate to buy from them. If they are new and not much participation, I wouldn't buy from them. Not that they are bad or can't be trusted, but because we just wouldn't know much about them. Btw, I tried my leopard on it when he was younger and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. When he was approx. a year and a half is when he would finally eat a little of it. Now, he is two this month and he eats more, not a lot more, but more. Now there are other members whose young leopards took right to it.

Hhhmm....I wonder if it's even worth a try since mine is eating greens so well.

I wouldn't mind ordering from Tortoisesupply.com, except the shipping costs just as much as my entire order. I was just shopping on there an hour ago - had african seed mix, cactus pads, Mazuri, and eye drops in my cart. Went to check out and nearly flipped out over the cost to ship........:(

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I've bought from coastalsilkworms.com several times. They have the best price on 1lb and among the best price for 2lbs (I see they went up .50, but big deal... USPS just upped their prices) and they ship fast and fresh. For small torts, the 2 pounds at $10.50 will last you a long time, longer than the shelf life, probably.

For 6lbs, I found better deals on eBay. They usually beat out sellers here by a couple bucks, guarantee freshness, and you're dealing with eBay so there's an added layer or protection (not that you need it. I believe most, if not all, Mazuri resellers on this site are trustworthy).

For $40 + tax you can get a full 25lb bag straight from the source. I'm not quite there, yet, myself, but I probably will be in 3 or 4 years.

Whatever you decide, do your homework. Check out their rep, feedback, etc.

Remember, Mazuri has a shelf life of about 9 months. You can probably stretch that a little more if you keep it in a sealed container.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Mgridgaway said:
I've bought from coastalsilkworms.com several times. They have the best price on 1lb and among the best price for 2lbs (I see they went up .50, but big deal... USPS just upped their prices) and they ship fast and fresh. For small torts, the 2 pounds at $10.50 will last you a long time, longer than the shelf life, probably.

For 6lbs, I found better deals on eBay. They usually beat out sellers here by a couple bucks, guarantee freshness, and you're dealing with eBay so there's an added layer or protection (not that you need it. I believe most, if not all, Mazuri resellers on this site are trustworthy).

For $40 + tax you can get a full 25lb bag straight from the source. I'm not quite there, yet, myself, but I probably will be in 3 or 4 years.

Whatever you decide, do your homework. Check out their rep, feedback, etc.

Remember, Mazuri has a shelf life of about 9 months. You can probably stretch that a little more if you keep it in a sealed container.

Awesome, thanks for the advice, Mgridgaway! Much appreciated! I think I'll start with Coastal and go from there.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Update - I ordered from Coastal and got the shipment today. My cactus pads looks great; Mazuri is fine too. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

I recommend Coastal to anyone who's questioning where to buy Mazuri from.

Status
Not open for further replies.