Mazuri old or new

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
I think I was reading somewhere that the newer style I believe is better for them correct? Mazuri I'm feeding my tort is the original kind in a black bag so what I'm wondering is what the difference is between them and why I should switch or do I need to?...thanks in advance

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
They are different in their ingredients, but I'm not prepared to say one or the other is "better".

You do not need to switch, but I like to use both.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I think I was reading somewhere that the newer style I believe is better for them correct? Mazuri I'm feeding my tort is the original kind in a black bag so what I'm wondering is what the difference is between them and why I should switch or do I need to?...thanks in advance
I haven't seen the original in a black bag, but that may not mean anything. The two types are very different in appearance. The company that makes them call them "Mazuri Tortoise Diet" and "Mazuri Tortoise Diet LS". Tortoises usually have to acquire a taste for the "LS" type.

Here is a link which shows the two types graphically and gives a bit of info about them: https://www.petsulcata.com/sulcata-tortoise-diet-food/mazuri-tortoise-diet-original-or-ls/