Mazuri tortoise diet for Star anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus

5 Year Member
Just wondering anyone feeding Mazuri for your Star???

I have bought a packet and my baby star dun seen to like it :(

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Offer it to him chopped up with his regular greens. They need time to develop a taste for it. Soon they will love it!

Gus

5 Year Member
tks for the tips :)

One of my baby star seen to have some problem and stop eating and I have check there's no bubbles(RNS) just nt moving kind of worry

kimber_lee_314 said:
Offer it to him chopped up with his regular greens. They need time to develop a taste for it. Soon they will love it!

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Are your stars for sure captive born? The vast majority of baby stars sold worldwide annually are not. Sadly, most of these animals will perish from either parasitic infestations that they already had before someone bought them or renal failure due to dehydration and mishandling before they reached caring keepers. If you do not know the actual breeder of them or bought them from a pet shop that can not provide you with that information sadly you must assume that they are actually wild collected in India or Pakistan. This happens every year by the tens of thousands. Have a vet do a fecal to look for any parasites and treat accordingly. Best of luck with you new tortoises. Once they start to eat Mazuri they really do usually go crazy for it

Gus

5 Year Member
elegans: I do agree with you regarding the seller but most of the time we have no choice left with one and only suppler.

Kimber: Last night i have bath him with some warm water and it look better and start to eat abit. hopefull will be alright.....

samstar

5 Year Member
My friend bought 5 Star Torts from this supplier in Malaysia and he bought them from 5 different batches. Today he is down to 1, all the other 4 died from parasites.
On the Mazuri, mix it with salads and slowly reduce the salads and increase Mazuri. Just leave the Mazuri in it's enclosure and it will eat it when it's hungry.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
I would soak the Mazuri in warm water and break it apart with your fingers into small tort-size bites, and then mix it in with some torn up greens. The tort will get a taste of it with the greens. They seem to like the smell of it or something when it is moist. I think it is best to keep the Mazuri as a small part of the diet--variety is key. Best wishes.

Gus

5 Year Member
My baby star seen like not interested in the mazuri, I think will have to keep trying it

tortoisenerd said:
I would soak the Mazuri in warm water and break it apart with your fingers into small tort-size bites, and then mix it in with some torn up greens. The tort will get a taste of it with the greens. They seem to like the smell of it or something when it is moist. I think it is best to keep the Mazuri as a small part of the diet--variety is key. Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.