Mazuri tortoise diet

SoWrecked

Location (City and/or State)
ozark
So my russian tortoise absolutely loves mazuri tortoise diet to the point he wont touch anything else for days until he realizes he isnt getting anymore, is there anything wrong with feeding him it everyday as a staple? Is there any actual downfalls to it?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So my russian tortoise absolutely loves mazuri tortoise diet to the point he wont touch anything else for days until he realizes he isnt getting anymore, is there anything wrong with feeding him it everyday as a staple? Is there any actual downfalls to it?
Which type? LS or original formula?

Neither should be fed every day. You can soak it and mix in a small amount with appropriate greens daily if need be. Let him get hungry if he chooses to be picky and not eat the greens, but be sure you are offering the right greens. Weeds, leaves, flowers, and minimal grocery store stuff.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I feed it 1-2 times a week, think of it as a supplement.

I'd try watering it down into a dressing that you can toss with mixed greens and weeds and flowers, so that to get the mazuri, the tort has to eat the greens.

Jamie

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I still use it.
Because it's easy to keep fresh(ish), it's something I use as a filler food when I'm in a rush. Or i have limited access to a variety of foods.
Feeding it often can cause tortoises to go on a hunger strike until they get it again.
Don't give in.
They won't starve to death. And they'll start eating other stuff again once they get good and hungry.