Mazuri tortoise food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
Does anyone use this? I just heard about it. I've been feeding my russians a bunch of different kinds of fresh greens and was wondering if some of this might be good to get also and serve it with the greens. Does it supply anything fresh food won't have?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
My russians won't touch the stuff, my RF on the other hand loves it.

Jessie

5 Year Member
My Russian likes it, but definitely doesn't love it.

Akronic

5 Year Member
ive heard it's ok for certain species like the redfoots that can handle more fruit/sugar maybe it's the protien but ive heard when it comes to russians just stick w/ the variety of greens, some would supplement w/ TNT or some kinda reptile calcium/D3 (mine live indoors mostly). i dont really do pellets for my male, but he will eat them it seems.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you go to our "search" feature and enter the "Mazuri" word, you will come back with many, many hits on threads where we've talked about using Mazuri.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
Don't buy a whole lot of mazuri when your first trying it, your torts might not even like it and it will be a waste :/

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I honestly haven't tried it yet on any of my Russians other then one youngster who does like it.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
My Russians as well as many of my other tortoises are lukewarm about consuming it. Generally more gets wasted than eaten.

And no, it does not contain anything that a good quality, varied "fresh" diet doesn't.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
My female russian Ophelia loves mazuri. Since I have it 4 my sully I thought I would try some on her, and she eats it up! :)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
The red foot I used to have loved Mazuri, but the Russians I have now don't. I think it might have more to do with age. I started giving my red foot Mazuri when she was a baby, and she had no trouble learning how to eat it. My Russians, however, are already subadults, so I think maybe it's too late for them to really like it. Hopefully someday they'll breed, and then I'll find out if baby Russians like Mazuri, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.