Mazuri vs.zoomed natral grasslandd tortoise food for a rt

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Both are good as part of a varied diet. No need to pick one over the other. Each have their good and bad points.

Most torts will eat the Mazuri plain, but you will probably have to mix the soaked ZooMed Pellet with greens.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Your RT is definitely a grassland tort and should be fed a variety of leafy greens. It cannot digest sugars properly, so swett foods such as fruit, bell pepper, tomato and carrot should be fed sparingly and very infrequently. While it is a native of grasslands, it is unlikely to deliberately eat grass; it will eat tne weeds growing amonst the grass. Identify all the greens that you find for free outside and those that you can buy in the grocery store and then look them up in The Tortoise Table Plant Database for suitability to feed.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I think this is a miss understanding.. The OP said RT- Russian Tortoise (grassland) not RF- Redfoot Tortoise (rain forest)..
:tort: ;)

Both can be a great part of a varied diet. I feed both.
Yep.

My bad! ! ! ! RT is Grassland tortoise. My mistake. Then both are good for RT.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Bouaboua really?! I have seen many sources saying they are grassland tortoises

Thanks again tom

David
My Bad. I should be more careful of my reading. You say rt. I read rf. I'm sorry. Both are very good for RT. and just like Heather pointed out, it add to the variety to RT's diet.

mikeh

5 Year Member
I would feed either one very moist. I have seen some very dry poop when fed alone and not moistened enough, especially Zoomed Grassland.