Mazuri- what is the current good price?

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I tried searching the forum, but couldn't come up with anything recent.
I was looking to order some Mazuri online, but I don't know what the going rate is for it. I found some on e-bay, but I am not sure if it is a good price. How much do you pay per pound? And where do you get it? (Especially those of you that order online!)

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I am glad you replied- the best I had seen on e-bay was 10 pounds for $36 with free shipping. So I searched a little more online and found the actual mazuri website. I just ordered 25 pounds for 36.95 including shipping from mazuri.com. That averages out to 1.48 per pound I think, soooo much better than any of the resale prices I found.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I am glad you replied- the best I had seen on e-bay was 10 pounds for $36 with free shipping. So I searched a little more online and found the actual mazuri website. I just ordered 25 pounds for 36.95 including shipping from mazuri.com. That averages out to 1.48 per pound I think, soooo much better than any of the resale prices I found.

I've looked into getting from them directly before. But depending on where you are the shipping is a bit pricey. So you are probably paying more than that a lb when you include shipping. You may be able to order it thru a local feed store and they won't charge you the shipping as they already get lots of items.

It might help if you tell us whee you live. One of us might be able to point you to a good location.

— Gus

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I already ordered. It was 30.99 for 25 pounds and 5.99 shipping. There ARE feed stores kind of close, but the total price isn't much more than what you paid and I don't have to go searching for one that has it or that will order it for me.

Delilah1623

I just ordered direct from Mazuri too. I usually buy everything on Amazon but it was the same price for 6 pounds on there as it was for 25 pounds direct!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I already ordered. It was 30.99 for 25 pounds and 5.99 shipping. There ARE feed stores kind of close, but the total price isn't much more than what you paid and I don't have to go searching for one that has it or that will order it for me.

Oh wow that was a great price. If I wanted it shipped it would have been close to 50 bucks total.

— Gus

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I think they might be having a special on shipping right now or something.

chaseswife

5 Year Member
And since my sulcata is less than 3 inches, it will be awhile before I need to buy it again.

Delilah1623

Yeah, when I checked out it said "promo shipping" so I am guessing at other times it will cost a lot more!

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I got my mazuri today! I knew that I got too much and I knew that I would be freezing some. But man, I did not really KNOW how much 25 pounds would be. It took 9 ziploc bags to hold it all. 9 gallon sized bags! 8 are in my freezer now. Shrimp seemed to love his first serving of it today. He almost ate 2 whole peices of it. :D this is going to last us a very long time.

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Watch out, they come to love that stuff!!! It took my red foot about a year to eat up the first 2 pounds that I bought. I use it as part of a balanced diet. Well, she just blew through 2 pounds in 4 months. She is weighing in at 2 kilos. Little piggy. I'm glad there is such a good food for them, as part of a varied diet of course.