MBD symptoms on a Mediterranean tortoise

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
We used to have a tortoise a few years back....... She used to live in a really bad enclosure (small area, no water, only lettuce for food, "pet store care") in our house. We didn't know any better.... I believe she died of MBD, she also had a soft shell when she/he had died... Is that enough info to conclude she died from MBD? She was the type of tortoise that "Never Grows" thats what the pet store said ( she never had obvious pyramiding )... Any experience or facts someone can tell me, any obvious symptoms on MBD for Mediterranean tortoises?
Thanks in advance

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All I can say, is that isn't really enough info to determine if it was MBD. However, s/he probably did have it, along with a bunch of other problems from the way the pet store told you to care for it. Like lack of UVB, Calcium just to name a few.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
All I can say, is that isn't really enough info to determine if it was MBD. However, s/he probably did have it, along with a bunch of other problems from the way the pet store told you to care for it. Like lack of UVB, Calcium just to name a few.
Thanks, pyramiding isn't something you can call a symptom if the tortoise doesn't grow, right?