McCords box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Does anyone have this species of cuora? I know they are quite seldomly found, and very endangered. Just seeing if any of the turtle folks here have any they work with.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I know the guy who owns turtlesandtortoises.com sold some CBB hatchlings a few weeks ago. He may have some in the incubator

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
tortadise said:
Does anyone have this species of cuora? I know they are quite seldomly found, and very endangered. Just seeing if any of the turtle folks here have any they work with.
Hopefully some day. A friend of mine has a few. I mention every so often that he should let me take them off his hands.

No luck yet.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You mean a long neck? :D

009_zps2c2da4fc.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Benjamin said:
tortadise said:
Hopefully some day. A friend of mine has a few. I mention every so often that he should let me take them off his hands.

No luck yet.

Same here. Would love to work with these. Are your friends in the Studbook Ben?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
AustinASU said:
OMG thats a gorgeous animal, is this one yours jacqui?

No, that beauty lives at the St Louis zoo. They have some beauties there and some youngsters I would have loved to take home with me. I fell for them quickly and now after hearing the price tags they come with, no wonder I fell for them. :D

EricIvins

5 Year Member
All of the Chinese Cuora carry a hefty price tag now that most are functionally extinct. The only exception would be Flavomarginata. There are a few private keepers that produce decent numbers of Trifasciata, and they still carry a $1500 price tag.....

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
EricIvins said:
All of the Chinese Cuora carry a hefty price tag now that most are functionally extinct. The only exception would be Flavomarginata. There are a few private keepers that produce decent numbers of Trifasciata, and they still carry a $1500 price tag.....

This is unfortunate, and what I have been finding out. I suppose another scenario where I waited to long. But I would prefer to work with captives. Not a lot of research or info on these guys. Just that they are as you say "functionally extinct".

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Wow twas a while back. I don't really keep up with turtles too much. But I suppose it did sail a while back. During that time though, I wouldn't trade my obtainees of tortoises I got during that time though. The hunt is on.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Does anyone know of anyone who has flavomarginatas up for sale or is breeding them....ones with brighter color?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
AustinASU said:
Does anyone know of anyone who has flavomarginatas up for sale or is breeding them....ones with brighter color?

Join the TSA, then contact Ray Farrell. He is a great resource for flavos and for information regarding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.