McLovin passed away....

Status
Not open for further replies.

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I posted a week ago or so how one of my greeks had a soft shell. I know people here told me to give him D3 and calcium (thanks again btw). But he wasn't eating, so it was hard to get it in...So I decided to take him to the vet just to make sure there was nothing else I can do. $90 later he got a D3 shot and a calcium shot, plus calcium drops to take. It seemed like he was doing a little better, so I thought.... He past away this moring....

I'm just really sad right now. I feel like it's all my fault! My other greek is a really hard shell and is doing great. But now I'm all scared that I'm going to kill another one and I'm thinking of giving him away. I just don't want to kill another tortoise...

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
iowa
i'm sorry for your loss. you did exactly what you needed to do and sometimes things like this happen. you tried to help him and did all you could. don't beat yourself up over this because you did your best.

Wayne

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
So sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking of you. Don't give up!!!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I'm sorry for you. As Wayne said don't beat your self up. I've read your posts and from what I see youdid your best and asked for and got good advice. Sometimes with hatchlings there are underlying problems we don't or understand. Don't give up, you're something right if your other is healthy.

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your nice comments!

When I talked to the vet he told me that sometimes there might be something wrong with the tortoise in general (liver, heart, kidnery, etc. failure) and no matter what I would have done it would have eventually died! I just keep telling myself it's better he died now than suffer for weeks!

I just miss the little guy!

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
my thoughts are with you,

I'm a new father of a tortoise and i share the concerns.
Even though my little guy has eaten, drank , and pooped since ive had him in the last 36 hours.. he's always sleeping n' i am like a nervous parent with a newborne ;)

You cant always control what nature does, The health of your other tortoise speaks worlds for the care you've been providing so chin up and maybe you'll find another special little guy to give a good home to.

I'm sure he's up in tortoise heavin russling through a bundle of grass and eating all the things he wasnt allowed to eat when he was with us and having a ball doing it.

Stay positive and give your other tortoise a little treat to tell him you love him and im sure you'll see he loves you right back.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
im sorry to hear about McLovin :(
i have to echo everyone else's sentiments - don't give up, there are some things we cannot control. it sounds like you gave it your best and thats all that can be expected of you. the rest was up to mother nature, or god, or both

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
At a time like this all one can say is I am so sorry for your loss. And ditto what everyone else has said. Hold tight to your other and know that it is doing well and you are doing all you can to keep him healthy and give him good care.
RIP McLovin

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks again everyone! We finally burried him today. It took me a while... I was hoping he was just in a deep deep sleep, but I gave up today. I'm just happy that the other one is in execellent shape!! Eats like crazy and runs his tracks around his enclosure every morning lol

Once again thanks for all your nice message!!

Status
Not open for further replies.