me want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I was at the petstore today and they had a Hingeback Tortoise. I've not seen any tortoises other than Russians in real life, and pictures don't do too much for me... but how I LOVED that Hingeback!!!

One day... one day I'll have one of those...

But not today! LOL! My house is bursting at the seams with the 7 Russians I have, not to mention kids, cats and dog!!! But when that quarantine pen is empty in 3-6 months... hmmmm.........

oh and i should say... i don't know what kind of hingeback it was, it doesn't look like any of the pictures i've seen, which are all oogly! ROFL!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
If anyone is interested I can get some fresh imported from Africa Spek's Hingeback, (Kinixys spekii). VERY VERY reasonably priced. The original person importing ended up not being able to take the shipment. If anyone is interested in pairs or single makes let me know and I can pass along your information to my friend that ended up taking these guys in. There is a large number available. Fresh bloodlines.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
:\ Why must you tempt me?!?! I looked up those and that's what the one at the store had, I think. Can I ask what "reasonably priced" is?

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Check your PMs Kelly. Anyone else interested please PM me for pricing.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hinges are wonderful torts...and my overall favorites...but they can be a little more difficult keeping then many others.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I'm having trouble finding much info on them online (specifically the one's Anja posted about). Do you know of anything?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would personally write to Paula Morris at : [email protected] or go to the hingeback group at hingeback@yahoo groups and ask for specific care there.

I myself have not had any of the Speks, just Homes and Bells.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
From what I've read, Speks used to be classified as Bells, so I would assume their care would be very similar! I'll check out that yahoo group!~ Thanks!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am assuming your correct. They also look very much like them. Hinges can be touchy however, so not knowing for sure if they can be cared for as Bells are, or if their needs are a bit different.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
All hingebacks have similar requirements, but some of their needs like Jacqui said, are abit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.