Meet Crush the Three toe boxie

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
How's your doing????
She has started to eat now. I am still mixing greens and vegetables and fruits in with the dog food. I have one more can of dog food and then that's over. I throw a couple worms on top. She likes butter worms a lot.I am glad that she is at least getting a little bit more varied of a diet.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Crush is down to 307 today :( his enclosure is stocked with libe food and I keep putting greens, veggies, fruits but he does not touch them.....

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Crush is down to 307 today :( his enclosure is stocked with libe food and I keep putting greens, veggies, fruits but he does not touch them.....
Is he staying hidden? Do you ever see him out and about or is he trying to hibernate?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He does not come out on his own. I dig him Up everyday and he will explore a lil bit but not for long.

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
I assume you're soaking him each day when you wake him up? If so, since he has lost more than 7% of his weight, it would be a good idea to get him to a reptile veterinarian. He could be sick, and you don't want him to lose any more weight than he already has. (I recall you are keeping him warm enough that he should still be eating.) I know that my veterinarian would tell me to bring mine in given this situation.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I do wake him and stick him in his water dish every day. I had stopped with the forsed soaks but will start them back up. He was staying solidnat 321 g todays weigh in came as a bit of a shock.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
@lisa127 I dug crush up today to fource soak him under uv light and weigh him. He's 317g and I watched him eat a whole freeze dried cricket! He's out and about now so hopefully we are making progress as days get longer again!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
@lisa127 I dug crush up today to fource soak him under uv light and weigh him. He's 317g and I watched him eat a whole freeze dried cricket! He's out and about now so hopefully we are making progress as days get longer again!
Mid to late January is when he started to perk up last year, so yeah - with January approaching things may improve. By the second half of January you can really notice the days getting longer. I do not agree about rushing him to the vet when he loses some grams. His weight has always fluctuated. Unless weight loss gets severe I would not stress him by taking him to a vet. As you can tell by the weight history I gave you, his weight always creeps back up again. And hopefully when spring and summer come he will begin to gain again.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I'm going to hold off for now. He was at 313 today. Just going to keep his enclosure stocked with worms and pill bugs. There's a few crickets too. I chande out fruits and veggies but so far that's just being eaten by the bugs!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I think my turtle is getting a little more active also. I tried to give her freeze-dried bugs and she was having no part of that :) she did get a gigantic worm with calcium powder on it for Christmas. and yesterday I gave her Beefheart mixed with spring mix. i'm glad your little guy is perking up, I guess the winter nap is over.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Crush20150308_173731.jpg has really been active the last few days & weight is up to 357 g! Yesterday I spent the day trying to weed out the cricket population & Crush, who is normally pretty shy, came right out & was eating crickets as they hopped by him. Today I dumped a bucket of 16 night crawlers in there & he came right up & started munching away.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
@lisa127 we are up to 447g! Much more active now. Finishing up his outdoor enclosure if the weather ever gets nice here