Meet DASH

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
I posted this here in Hope more Sully owners would see it. We have worked with this family for weeks to get this done and could have never imagined how this 1 would affect us. There are 2 videos first 1 is a 'Short' (under 1 minute) and the second is the 'Long Form' Version.
1st:

2nd:

Being a Rescue we have had our share of sad stories, this 1 has really touched our hearts. To Love an animal so much that you can let him go for his best interest at the expense of your hearts.......TRUE LOVE. In the video when she says "I'm going to miss you" ..... WOW. Such a hard thing to be a part of, we feel as if we have taken something so precious from them. I know, I know that's not the case but that's how it has felt. We are so grateful to be a part of something so special but can't ignore how they feel.

I truly mean this "Thank You Tortoise Forum for making our lives so great and filling not just our hearts with Love but our 10 acres"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very heartwarming and he looks great. I'm sure they are thrilled for him to have gone to such a great home, as hard as it was.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I was tearing up. Thank you for helping this tortoise who is clearly so loved.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Thank You @wellington, we are only great because of this great place. We would never have went down this road without people like you!
@Ink to make this video I had to watch these sad moments over and over and during the editing it was HARD. We here are a little bias towards torts but can you imagine spending all day with a tort for years and then have to let him/her go? This story has really affected us and makes us strive to NEVER let the owners down, to fulfill our promise of providing them Love, comfort and safety for a lifetime. We could of never imagined how much Love we would experience and give starting this journey.
When I was a child I said the typical "I want to be a Vet, to help animals" my grandmother responded with "Every animal you see will be hurt, in pain or suffering terrible circumstances are you sure you want to experience that? It definitely changed my feeling on being a vet, but it seems I have put myself right where she was explaining. Maybe my life was just a rehearsal to the place we are in now. To be able to help not just the animal but offer 'Peace of Mind' to the parents is a great place to be!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank You @wellington, we are only great because of this great place. We would never have went down this road without people like you!
@Ink to make this video I had to watch these sad moments over and over and during the editing it was HARD. We here are a little bias towards torts but can you imagine spending all day with a tort for years and then have to let him/her go? This story has really affected us and makes us strive to NEVER let the owners down, to fulfill our promise of providing them Love, comfort and safety for a lifetime. We could of never imagined how much Love we would experience and give starting this journey.
When I was a child I said the typical "I want to be a Vet, to help animals" my grandmother responded with "Every animal you see will be hurt, in pain or suffering terrible circumstances are you sure you want to experience that? It definitely changed my feeling on being a vet, but it seems I have put myself right where she was explaining. Maybe my life was just a rehearsal to the place we are in now. To be able to help not just the animal but offer 'Peace of Mind' to the parents is a great place to be!
I wanted to be a vet too. I worked for a vet, and when I realized how many people will put an animal down just because, that's when I knew I would not make a good vet. I would be in jail for beating the crap out of people and I wouldn't have put the animal down. We did try finding homes for the ones the owners said we could.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I wanted to be a vet too. I worked for a vet, and when I realized how many people will put an animal down just because, that's when I knew I would not make a good vet. I would be in jail for beating the crap out of people and I wouldn't have put the animal down. We did try finding homes for the ones the owners said we could.
I LOVE your spunk, I bet it's gotten you into some trouble a few times.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I couldn't ( nor do I want to) imagine giving up Ink. I've had him over 18 years, longer than my marriage lasted. 🤣 Id rather have ink than my ex. I appreciate what you and your wife do helping all of these animals.