Meet grandpa Joe

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
I have had Grandpa Joe for a little over a year now. keeping an Aldabra has been a very different experience to any other tortoise I have ever had. What a joy! he started his time with us as a very shy little guy and now just one year latter he dose not seem the least bit scarred of me. He has recently let me start rubbing his head and neck! Its unbelievable to be how calm and friendly he seems to be! I am looking forward to the many years ahead we will have together!

Bee62

Germany
Please keep us updated with the further development of Grandpa Joe. He is so amazing and beautiful and I love to read about him and see pics of him.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
This morning my four-year-old son was sitting in front of the glass of grandpa Joe’s Enclosure. Joe was also sitting at the glass watching him as my son would move back and forth joe’s head moved back and forth up and down tracking him. I have never had a tortoise that showed any interest in people before. It’s so interesting how out going and interested this species is.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
This morning my four-year-old son was sitting in front of the glass of grandpa Joe’s Enclosure. Joe was also sitting at the glass watching him as my son would move back and forth joe’s head moved back and forth up and down tracking him. I have never had a tortoise that showed any interest in people before. It’s so interesting how out going and interested this species is.

That’s pretty special.. makes me want one even more now! Joe is looking amazing

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Grandpa joe has a new friend! This little one is about the same size joe was 18 months or so ago. Though now it’s hard to believe he started that small! Just to be clear these tortoises will not have any contact for a long time tell there size difference is not a problem. 5791412D-9C62-4C29-A754-F831A046BFF8.jpegE105F1DE-6196-41F7-8376-F43DB041CE3B.jpeg C3BAB622-9321-43CA-83A8-34194122EBFA.jpeg

mrnewberry

5 Year Member
N.W. Arkansas