Meet Harold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maude

5 Year Member
Yesterday I introduced you to my girl Maude.
Today please meet Harold-a wild redfoot that lives on St Johns in the Virgin Islands. Every year when we go down he always shows up around our house snooping around for some scraps. He is such a cool dude and the reason i wanted to find a redfoot as a pet. The first year he showed up I asked the park ranger about them and they are considered threatened on St Johns. Back stateside I finally found Maude last year for sale in a PetSmart of all places-I hope one day to introduce them..but not sure how customs and immigration would feel about that!!! HA!
Here is Harold:

....and even though we probably are not supposed to we always bring him inside for a little bit and give him some fruit.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi "Maude" (I don't believe you've ever told us your name:

Its been quite a while, but if memory serves, Harold was Maude's husband's name, right? I love Bea Arthur and that was a pretty good show.

How lucky you are able to see redfoot tortoises in the wild. And how lucky you place on the Island is in Harold's territory!

Maude

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi "Maude" (I don't believe you've ever told us your name:

Its been quite a while, but if memory serves, Harold was Maude's husband's name, right? I love Bea Arthur and that was a pretty good show.

How lucky you are able to see redfoot tortoises in the wild. And how lucky you place on the Island is in Harold's territory!

Sorry about not introducing myself-my name is Catherine. And yes, Maude got her name because we named Harold first. I am sure that he has a different name at every house he visits! And I agree--we are so lucky to be in his territory. I think he knows when people are in the houses and that means water and scraps for him! He always shows up about a week after we have been there. On St Johns you are encouraged to throw your vegetable waste and rinse water over your deck as the local wildlife need it!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Neat picture. We just don't see many tortoises around our house here in the desert.

Peacebone

5 Year Member
AZ
That is so cool! One day I would like to visit many different species in their wild habitats.

Status
Not open for further replies.