Meet JUNO! My new Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Meet Juno! :)
I got my dad convinced and he bought her for me :) Thanks All!
She is actually 6 almost 7 inches(they lied!). And the lady guessed shes about 5 years old.
After spending 5 months indoors(at the pet store), she is out in the sun getting fresh air! :)
She has pyramidding, but otherwise she seems fine! :)
She pooped in the box on the way home, so I'm assuming thats a good thing. :)

So she came home and got a nice soaking in water for 10 minutes. She pooped again, and was moving about. We decided to use a different soaking bowl. Here's a pic

photo1-1.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

Then I placed her inside her dog house. Instead she decided to walk around. So then I got some dandelion leaves and grass and bok choy and put it on her feeding rock. She started eating some grass, but quickly moved over and chowed down on the dandelion leaves. :) Chomp chomp chomp :)

Right now, shes exploring her new home. I think shes pretty healthy. Here are some more pics.
Any guesses on the sex?(not that It really matters, Shes gonna stay Juno :D )

photo2-2.jpg

The store owner was really happy that of all the things I told her about my knowledge, and gave you all credit. She was happy that there are amazing people online who educate young people(like me) on proper care of animals, and she applauses you all for that :)

Does she look healthy too you? Is eating at first site a good thing?
Right now, she will walk, and then just sit there. And then walk a little more. And sit. Its random :p

photo4-2.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

Thanks! :)

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
She is definitely stunted, she has some weird growth, probably from poor husbandry at this pet store. At least she is in the hands of a knowledgable and caring owner now. Congrats and good luck!

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Yeah, she is. :/ But the store owner took a guess at the age.
Will stunting kill her?

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Her scutes have just grown at different rates. Proper care should help her look more normal over time. Bit at least she appears happy and healthy.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Oh ok :) Right now, she's basking out in the sun. I think cause she hasn't seen it in so many months.
Is she a she? lol

Also, what genus is she? Babcocki or that other Para something? XD

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
She is a cutie!! Glad to see you already have her out in the sun! You are going to be a great tortie Mom!! Keep asking questions!!

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Thanks All! :)
I hope she makes it big here :)

Does anyone know if she is Pardalis or Bobcocki?
:)

She's a real big grazer. I surprised at all the grass shes devouring!

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Thanks! :)

i'm glad she wont be squeezing out. But I think shes going to need a bigger enclosure. 8 by 6 seems too small for her :p XD
But yes. I ended up not putting up the 2 by 4s cause I don't think its needed :)

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Thanks! I like her light coloration :)

Another question :

She's been going into a corner and goes inside of her shell and doesnt move until I pick her up. Should I leave her alone? Is she sick? SLeeping? What can it be?

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
I moved her into her house. She hasnt moved. Shes just sitting there... :/ not eating either...
is this normal?

John

5 Year Member
PoisonOrchid said:
Thanks! I like her light coloration :)

Another question :

She's been going into a corner and goes inside of her shell and doesnt move until I pick her up. Should I leave her alone? Is she sick? SLeeping? What can it be?

probably just sleeping, whats the temps like where you are? is it sunny, overcast.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
It's a bright and sunny day, but my backyard is now shady(the sun is at the front of the house and the house creates a shadow in the backyard).
Its about 85 right now. Its nice and comfy though. Really pretty outside :)
Her eyes are open, just sitting there...

John

5 Year Member
sometimes thats what they do, If you have not had the tort all that long it may take time forit to adjust, even though it went from a bad situation to a better one.

PoisonOrchid

5 Year Member
Oh ok. So It's acclimating. Phew. :) I thought she was like dying or something.
I get worried since I didn't read about that happening and I don't have much experience with Leos.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.