Meet me, and the zoo, and help me name my tortoise!

Arirang

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hello, all!

First, a little about me- otherwise youd stop reading after the bit about the babies. I am 22, male, and love animals. I work full-time at PetSmart and part time at Yankee Candle Company, and I love gaming, reading, and am fiddling around with woodcarving. I have thirteen pets, if you count the aquarium as one.

I have a cat (Autumn, female DSH tortoise shell, 1 1/2), rabbit (Hermione, female Dutch, approximately 1), bearded dragon (Norbert, male, almost 1), Berber skink (Neville, approximately 10), royal python (Nagini, female, approximately 6 months), two tarantulas (Galadriel and Tauriel, female Arizona desert blonde and female Mexican fireleg, 2 and 6, respectively), four hermit crabs (Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel, Caribbean crabs), and a 55 gallon freshwater community aquarium (mollies, dwaef gourami, Harlequin rasbora, corydoras, rainbowfish, halfmoon betta, veil angelfish, snails, shrimp). My most recent acquisition is a 2-year-old male Russian tortoise whose name I cannot decide upon. He is a rescue, as the last owner's other tort bullied and attacked him. He's a little beat up, but healing nicely, and slowly becoming acclimated to handling.

I would like some votes for names! Here are the list to choose from.

Gandalf
Radagast
Saruman
Dumbledore
Voldemort
Igor
Karkaroff
Viktor (which is, incidentally, the name of my silver molly- my black molly is Yuuri, both from my favorite anime)
Krum
Ollivander (my favorite, I think)
Horace
Slughorn

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome - I vote for Igor, a good Russian name for a Russian tort.

In Russian the meaning of the name Igor is: Warrior of peace. Ing's warrior (Ing was the Norse god of peace and fertility). From the Scandinavian name Ingyar. Famous Bearer: Russian composer Igor Stravinsky.

Happy Torting

Arirang

Ohio
I do enjoy The Firebird by Stravinsky, but the inspiration comes from Igor Karkaroff. As I'm sure you probably deduced, I'm a /slight/ Harry Potter fan.

Arirang

Ohio
I am going to be taking some more soon. The only one right now is kinda derpy-looking.

He does have a chipped shell and a healing gash on his elbow. Poor guy's been through a lot :(

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Another vote for Igor

Arirang

Ohio
I actually think I like the name Ollivander best. I can call him Olive or Ollie for short. I just thought of it spur-of-the-moment as I was writing that list down.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I actually think I like the name Ollivander best. I can call him Olive or Ollie for short. I just thought of it spur-of-the-moment as I was writing that list down.

Oh, didn’t see that one! I agree, that one sounds great.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome! All those names, and yet, no name for you?

Arirang

Ohio
Call me Arirang- I don't do social media and never give out my real name online ;) Call me old-fashioned, too.

The origin of the name Arirang is an old Korean folk tune that I particularly enjoy. I'm learning Korean, and it's the first song I learned.

And a particularly breathtaking modern version of it:

spoilers

5 Year Member
Southwest Ohio
I'd go with Ollivander.
1.) it looks like your favorite on the list
2.) Ollie is a cute nickname! :p

I like Victor ( I'm guessing from Yuuri on ice) but if you already have a pet named Victor, don't name another one the same thing
I had a bit of trouble naming my rescue red foot ( I had a bunch of ideas mainly anime related) but I ended up sticking with
Bonsai because of the meaning behind the tree and I love the nickname Bon for him! ( Bon is also the name of an anime character with a
grumpy attitude from my favorite anime. Bonsai is a bit of a grump too but a sweetheart when he wants to be :) )

Whatever you choose will be the right choice! Just stick with what your gut says. <3

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome and looking forward to the pictures of IGOR.:)

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Ollivander is a great name. Good luck.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Call me Arirang- I don't do social media and never give out my real name online ;) Call me old-fashioned, too.

The origin of the name Arirang is an old Korean folk tune that I particularly enjoy. I'm learning Korean, and it's the first song I learned.

And a particularly breathtaking modern version of it:

Wow!!!! Love this music!!!! And welcome to you and your menagerie. I live in central Texas and only have
1 big kitty boy named Maxi and 2 RF torts, Shellie and Tucker, both little over 3 yrs old. I like all the names you listed above:)