Meet Mirin My 1 Week Old South African Leopard

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Just a couple hours ago I brought home Mirin, my newest 1 week old South African Leopard GPP. I left this morning at 2 AM with my girlfriend to pick up this tiny 21g GPP and got home at 1 PM the same day. This was worth the drive. When I first saw Mirin, my heart stopped because I haven't ever seen or owned a tortoise, of this size. He's been active, alert and has been eating the entire trip home. He's in his separate closed chamber until he's big enough to join my other two. I'm excited to see how he grows in the next two weeks!

MIRIN
(October 19, 2013) - 21g

p6ld.jpg

uoff.jpg

i8v6.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :D

mikeh

5 Year Member
Very nice. The extra scute is very symmetrical, unique.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks everyone! Do hatchlings normally hatch this tiny? He's not much bigger than a thumb. I didn't even notice he had an extra scute when I first saw him, I thought it was just a pattern. Unique indeed!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Such a tiny little peanut! So cute. Look forward to following tiniest's progress

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Wow how cool as that! I saw your previous post but I never thought it would be that small. I really hope it does great and we get to witness it's growth. :)

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks you guys! I still can't get over how small he is. You and I both, I didn't think he was this small either. He's an inch maybe a little more. He's doing great as far as I've notice, he's exploring his enclosure, sniffing the ground, climbing on bigger chunks of Orchid Bark and eating. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated! :D

2mtt.jpg
diamondbp said:
Wow how cool as that! I saw your previous post but I never thought it would be that small. I really hope it does great and we get to witness it's growth. :)

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
So darn cute and so darn tiny!! You scored with that hatchling

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I know right? I can't get over it! :p My friends only hatched out two so far with three more piping. He's still got a somewhere around 50-100 more eggs last time I checked.
diamondbp said:
So darn cute and so darn tiny!! You scored with that hatchling

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Either he's the tiniest tort I've ever seen, or you've got the biggest hand I've ever seen :p Either way, you're a winner with this one! Best to you. Let's keep that baby humid and warm:)

happyjoyjoy

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
So presh!!!!!! So tiny!!!!! Way jealous..... i want another so bad. Where did u get this little baby? U can just pm me if you'd like...... :)