Meet My Gigantic Tank!

Dizisdalife

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Dec 24, 2010
Messages
1,752
Location (City and/or State)
California
Last summer my 3 year old was actually wider than the door opening by a quarter of an inch. He would go in sorta sideways and raise up on one side to fit through the door. It was interesting to watch him go in at night. He had this digging motion with his front legs and would raise one back leg to get through the doorway. Just so you know, I let this go on for about a week or so before I enlarged the door opening.
 

Blakem

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
2,381
Location (City and/or State)
California
I've seen some males that were 140-150. I can't imagine having a Sudan sulcata. A forum member owns, I believe, 3-4 and his are close to 250.
 

jfales

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
81
tffnytorts said:
Gotcha! Today is measuring day.

And how big is he? Two weeks before I move my guy to Arizona. Mac's SCL is 26". I'm guessing Tank is bigger than that!
:)
 

T33's Torts

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
8,068
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Re: RE: Meet My Gigantic Tank!

jfales said:
tffnytorts said:
Gotcha! Today is measuring day.

And how big is he? Two weeks before I move my guy to Arizona. Mac's SCL is 26". I'm guessing Tank is bigger than that!
:)

29" x 19 1/2"!! Massive!
 

T33's Torts

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
8,068
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Twenty years you say? By then my little guys will be big, and I may (or may not) have a herd of big sullies. Tiffany's Tortoises. :D
 

Cowboy_Ken

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
17,558
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I'm grooming my kids already for the fact of inheriting mine. Heck my youngest sulky is Little Ricky at a year and some months and my oldest is only 10 yrs. but my kids were raised with reptiles and it should transition smooth. Mind you I'm personally shooting for 100 for me, and 106 for intertainment for my kids. The old, “Oh my God! Did dad just say THAT?" LOL
 

T33's Torts

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
8,068
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Now if my dad would leave me with torts! I'm eyeing a few of his old rifles, and the El Camino he hasn't gotten yet. I keep telling him he ain't gettinga any younger.
 

Cowboy_Ken

Well-Known Member
10 Year Member!
Joined
Nov 18, 2011
Messages
17,558
Location (City and/or State)
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
My daughter “borrowed" my 12 gauge back about 6-8 months ago. I told her to make sure she brought it up on thanksgiving for the family skeet shoot, (it's popular, the only assault shotgun that shows up) and she “forgot" it at home.
Her fiancée tells me she really wants it, so at Christmas I tell her to be sure to bring it up. Knowing full well she will “forget" it again, I draw a picture of it, wrap it in a box, and give it to her for her gift. ImageUploadedByTortForum1394342344025695
 
Last edited by a moderator:

T33's Torts

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
8,068
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
That picture is just awesome.
Last year, we had a simple contest to see who's the best shot, winner gets $100. With just my dad and grandpa, I SHOULD'VE had it in the bag. But then, my GRANDMOTHER, a little old woman, came and beat us all.
 

jfales

Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
81
tffnytorts said:
That picture is just awesome.
Last year, we had a simple contest to see who's the best shot, winner gets $100. With just my dad and grandpa, I SHOULD'VE had it in the bag. But then, my GRANDMOTHER, a little old woman, came and beat us all.

Classic! ;)
 

T33's Torts

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
8,068
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
Re: RE: Meet My Gigantic Tank!

jfales said:
tffnytorts said:
That picture is just awesome.
Last year, we had a simple contest to see who's the best shot, winner gets $100. With just my dad and grandpa, I SHOULD'VE had it in the bag. But then, my GRANDMOTHER, a little old woman, came and beat us all.

Classic! ;)

Never mess with dem old women!
 
Top