Status
Not open for further replies.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
EchoTheLeoTort said:
wiccan_chicken said:
When you go to feed crickets, I'd advise leaving a little bit of food for them to munch on, my last Leo died because a cricket bit her eye because the person I gave her too didn't follow my advice. So she got an eye infection and passed.

So remember, give them something to munch on that isn't your lizard!

Thanks! So far I take Cato (renamed him) out of his cage and place him in a tub that has the crickets in it. He sets off and eats about 7 crickets or so that are dusted in calcium and then when I see he is finished he comes out of the tub. I watch to make sure he is left alone and to monitor his eating and make sure he gets his fill. I don't put crickets in his actual cage :)

Aha I feed my snakes outside the cage too! That's always a good idea so you can watch them. How is he doing? I love the name change by the way :) I went to Repticon and held a sweet little B&W today. Was very scared at first then chilled out.

I'd love an update on Cato.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
EchoTheLeoTort said:
wiccan_chicken said:
When you go to feed crickets, I'd advise leaving a little bit of food for them to munch on, my last Leo died because a cricket bit her eye because the person I gave her too didn't follow my advice. So she got an eye infection and passed.

So remember, give them something to munch on that isn't your lizard!

Thanks! So far I take Cato (renamed him) out of his cage and place him in a tub that has the crickets in it. He sets off and eats about 7 crickets or so that are dusted in calcium and then when I see he is finished he comes out of the tub. I watch to make sure he is left alone and to monitor his eating and make sure he gets his fill. I don't put crickets in his actual cage :)

Good on you for feeding him in a seperate enclosure, he'll learn that when he is in a tub he can eat his food rather than in his habitat....then your hand becomes fair game.

argus333

5 Year Member
id let him hibernate for sure they seem to do better and live longer when allowed too. i have a pair of red that are 10 yrs old always hibernate every year and live outside all summer.

Attachments

• DSC_0957.jpg
    DSC_0957.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 14

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
EchoTheLeoTort said:
Here is a size reference to how tiny he is. You can just see his tiny little head peaking over the bricks. they are normal sized bricks.

This is just the cutest picture!! I love him sticking his tiny head up!!!
He is adorable!! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.