Meet our new Dude

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Some of you may know I've been asking my husband if we can get a dog for a year now (special thanks to Tom for the moral support). Well on the day before Christmas Eve hubby surprised me with a rescue -- a shepherd/Dobie mix who is just the mellowest, coolest guy around. His owner had turned him in to a high-kill shelter with a broken ankle. A local rescue paid a vet to fix him up and we've brought him home and named him Dude.

He's already had some great adventures, including his first trip to the beach today. We're pretty smitten.

So now I'm gonna be searching the forum for the best dog-proof enclosures before I wake my CDTs up from brumation.

He's our first dog since we were each kids. Advice welcome. Meet Dude!ImageUploadedByTortForum1388365603.471092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats a good looking dog . I found this dog on the free way Friday just found her a good home today

Attachments

• 1388366120363.jpg
    1388366120363.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 72

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
mike taylor said:
Thats a good looking dog . I found this dog on the free way Friday just found her a good home today

What a cutie, Mike. It boggles the mind how many great animals there are out there without homes.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep the bad part of this dog is she has a chip . But the owners never set up there information so I could not give her back . The poeple from home again told me to keep her and put my information in . Thats just dumb to me . Why would you spend money chipping a dog then not adding your up dated information . I have four dogs all chipped . I also have my yard fenced so they will not get out . It would kill me to know one of my dogs way missing .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats on the new pup. He is adorable. Enjoy, him, they truly a persons best friend. They will never let you down. Glad your hubby saw the right way to live:D

mike taylor said:

Congrats on saving the pup from suffering on its own. Such a cutie. Glad you were able to find it a good home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love the one ear up and one ear down look. :D Enjoy your Christmas gift for a long long time!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Congrats!!!! He is beautiful!!!!