Meet Remington!

tedthetortoise2

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Just got my 2nd tortoise. My other one I had when I was around 8 and died after he was sick beforehand. Now at 14, I have my 2nd and I'm excited. His name is Remington or Remmy and is around 4 inches. He loves to climb and run around outside his pen as well. He likes lettuce the most. I just wanted to see if you guys would know if there is any problems/illness I can address right away. I got him from Petsmart after all. Here he is!

IMG_20200111_123525_877.jpg 20200111_123313.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Since you asked, I see a too dry substrate and a very dry tortoise, also a water dish that's not made for hard bodied animals. I like to use the clay plant pots and sink them down into the substrate to make it easier for the tortoise to reach in.

As far as the animal itself, hard to tell from a picture if he's healthy or not. In the first picture his eye looks a bit squinty, which might just be from being dehydrated.

I'm sorry you lost your first tortoise. Let's hope this one will be with you for a very long time. Please be sure to read the care sheets and all the pinned threads shown at the top of our Russian section.