Meet Rocket!

Debra.piuma

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hello all! I would like to introduce Rocket! He is a 3 year old Sulcata. He had a rough first year due to the poor care information i received. I found this forum and made all necessary corrections. He is now thriving and growing faster than ever.
I have attached pictures. Please let me know his level of pyramiding. Mild or moderate. I feel i managed to correct it before it became severe!
Thanks!20200810_111417.jpg20200810_111404.jpg

Attachments

• 20200810_111330.jpg
    20200810_111330.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Looking great! I'd say that's a pretty good first year, I've seen so much worse!

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Welcome to the forum! This is our sulcata care sheet...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome glad you made the corrections.
The pyramiding to me is moderate at best or worst. Like a glass half empty or half full.?
There are some sullies here that are smooth. Most look like yours.
Here is a pic of Opo, my 3 year old. 20200617_124634.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It's minimal, He was Pyramiding early on then his growth smoothed out at some point. Probably when you made the changes.

Debra.piuma

Pennsylvania
Thank you. I have read the care sheets (many times). I have him outside on most days. I live in southeastern Pennsylvania. The weather here has been spectacular for him the past few weeks. He still comes in at night. Gets a long soak and goes in his temporary night box inside. We are building him a heated night box.
Ive been researching night box designs and making adjustments to my plans as i find better options.

Debra.piuma

Pennsylvania
I just measured him... he's a hair over 13inches and just under 17 pounds.
Not sure whats "normal" for his age. He will be 3 this month! Im ecstatic over his growth in the past year.
I also have known he is a boy for a little over a year. He gave me a good old "flashing" one day!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He looks fantastic! Far better than 99% of the ones out there, not counting the ones on this forum. You can see the notch left over from the early pyramiding, but all the new growth looks good. In time that notch with weather and fade, and you'll have a big smooth sulcata.