Meet the new little Egyptian

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland
I finally received my little Egyptian. I believe we will call him Campbell. He was hatched just over a month ago. I have some pictures from a camera phone of him and his temporary housing while his permanent home is under construction. He is quite the little tyke. He is doing well-- active, eating, lots of digging and not too timid. He is a great golden yellow color.

I was so nervous with the shipping process because it is cold in Portland, but I got two days of nice weather. I have him on lots of fresh leafy greens from the organic garden, but he is going for the weeds of course. I hope to get some pics that are not so blurry soon.

Attachments

• Resampled_2011-06-21_13-58-09_468.jpg
    Resampled_2011-06-21_13-58-09_468.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Resampled_2011-06-22_19-03-00_997.jpg
    Resampled_2011-06-22_19-03-00_997.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Resampled_2011-06-22_19-17-27_902.jpg
    Resampled_2011-06-22_19-17-27_902.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 419

nicolek

5 Year Member
Portland
Resampled_2011-06-22_19-10-11_170-1.jpg

I am trying to test out my photobucket account. Its kind of blurry, but you can see him a bit better.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Sky2Mina said:
Oh, how cute! More pics please!

Congrats on the baby.
Never seen an Egyptian baby, only adults.
Its great these guys stay so small, always seem cute.

nicolek

5 Year Member
Portland
I will have to get a better camera than a phone camera. Thanks everyone. I am excited because he is doing well-- doing all the right tortoise things. He seems like he will eat well.

Miss_Kat

5 Year Member
LA
oh my goodness ADORABLE!! How is he so cute and small I love him!! <3 Also, grt name!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohh he is soo adorable!!! Egyptians are my dream tort- I can't wait until I have my own some day!
Where did you get him from?
I love the name Campbell :)

nicolek

5 Year Member
Portland
Thanks. I found him from a breeder in Texas. I just happened to take up the search again on the day he posted. I found him on Kingsnake forum. I had been looking for quite some time, but it all paid off.

nicolek

5 Year Member
Portland
Thanks a bunch. Everyone here has left so much good information to get me up and running. I can't wait to get him a mate, or just a buddy. I will have to get a change jar started.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I'd like to know where it came from. My first ones went to the Seattle Zoo... they are now over represented... anyway...

Do yourself a favor... i know it sounds like a commercial... get it on Mazuri tortoise diet.

Egyptians are extremely prone to renal failure. If you are not careful restricting plants high in oxalyx acid... not good.

nicolek said:
I finally received my little Egyptian. I believe we will call him Campbell. He was hatched just over a month ago. I have some pictures from a camera phone of him and his temporary housing while his permanent home is under construction. He is quite the little tyke. He is doing well-- active, eating, lots of digging and not too timid. He is a great golden yellow color.

I was so nervous with the shipping process because it is cold in Portland, but I got two days of nice weather. I have him on lots of fresh leafy greens from the organic garden, but he is going for the weeds of course. I hope to get some pics that are not so blurry soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.