Melon Gum Shouldn't Exist

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
So today I was given a stick of melon gum. No specified type of melon, just melon. I opened it, excpecting a pink piece of too-sweet-and-sticky watermelon sugar.
I was QUITE intrigued to find a GREEN, tart gum. How unusual, I thought.
Then for the rest of the night I was thinking, "Why does melon have to be a specific color? Why can't it be left for the consumer to decide?"
Because think about it. Melons come in SO many colors and tastes… Vibrant pink/red watermelons, deep orange cantaloups (to be exact, musk melons), green honeydew and oh so many more.
Melon shouldn't be a flavor, unless it was a fair blend of EVRY melon.
This is EQUALITY for crying out loud! C'mon peeps, let's do this, Fairness for All Melons!

PS: I, personally, usually go for a mint (usually peppermint) gum, but hey- diversity is always nice, ya know??

:p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Ok, so no to the melon gum, got it. I will put that on my to do list, right after solving world peace. Then I am on it.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Thanks!! Don't forget about saving the polar bears! However I'm still iffy (not to be confused with tiffy) on the whole "global warming" thing. It was damn cold today! 71 in SoCal….. right after a 100+ week.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You want gum from the dollar store?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Hey, I buy gum from wherever i can find it. My usual complaint is that most loose the minty-ness after a few hours. I used to eat candy canes all day, but sugar free candy tastes like ****!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Anything sugar free tastes like **** .

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Good point.
I will tell, I used to sell bubblegum for a program to get shelter dogs into foster homes… "Bubblegum B**ches"…..

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You're crazy for the bubble gum .

So today I was given a stick of melon gum. No specified type of melon, just melon. I opened it, excpecting a pink piece of too-sweet-and-sticky watermelon sugar.
Then for the rest of the night I was thinking, "Why does melon have to be a specific color? Why can't it be left for the consumer to decide?"
Because think about it. Melons come in SO many colors and tastes… Vibrant pink/red watermelons, deep orange cantaloups (to be exact, musk melons), green honeydew and oh so many more.
This is EQUALITY for crying out loud! C'mon peeps, let's do this, Fairness for All Melons!

PS: I, personally, usually go for a mint (usually peppermint) gum, but hey- diversity is always nice, ya know??

I have thought the same thing so many times! When I see melon flavor I always ask myself why they call it melon and they can't be more specific.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

Thank you for saving us from the world of "Melon gum" horror!!!!

You are my hero! ! ! ! !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you want gum that keeps its flavor for a long time, get the orange package of either Trident or Orbit. Those are my all time favorites. I would never spend money to buy ... eww! melon??? Yuck.

turtledan77

Well that was random... My biggest candy complaint is that they switched the green skittle from lime to apple. UGGGGGHHH!