Michael Clarke Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I read late last night that he died and believe it or not I actually teared up a little bit. I don't usually get caught up in celebrities too much but he was different... people thought he was awesome because he WAS awesome...

Such a good actor and a really cool guy in real life, too.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
56 is young in this day and age. He was a actor I liked overall, and he seemed a pretty decent guy, despite being engaged to omarosa.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Green Mile is, by far, his greatest film but the other one that always sticks with me is Daredevil with Kingpin, for whatever reason.

I'd actually never heard of this Omarosa person until recently but there doesn't really seem to be too much out there about her for me to make assumptions :p

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I was bummed when I saw this too. He really was a great actor. The Green Mile was easily his best movie he played in, your heart would have to be made of stone to not shed a tear in that movie.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Eweezyfosheezy said:
I was bummed when I saw this too. He really was a great actor. The Green Mile was easily his best movie he played in, your heart would have to be made of stone to not shed a tear in that movie.
It's not nice to discriminate against those of us who have hearts of stone (medical condition) :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, really? I hadn't heard that. What a shame. I really liked him. Recently he had a part in the tv show "The Finder." I liked that show and his character in it.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
It was really wierd because about 2 minutes after I heard he died, I turned on the tv, and it was an episode of 2 1/2 men, and he was on it! It was just one of tose bizarre coincedences. RIP.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
dmmj said:
56 is young in this day and age. He was a actor I liked overall, and he seemed a pretty decent guy, despite being engaged to omarosa.

Actually he was 54, too young and of course a great guy and actor, he was from Chicago:D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Terry Allan Hall said:
I think my favorite of his many fine roles was as Balthazar, in The Scorpion King...

I never saw the Scorpion King, thought it looked kind of cheesy... although I guess it's a Mummy spin off so of course it's cheesy right?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He did not do a lot of films and things, but what he did was usually very good.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
futureleopardtortoise said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
I think my favorite of his many fine roles was as Balthazar, in The Scorpion King...

I never saw the Scorpion King, thought it looked kind of cheesy... although I guess it's a Mummy spin off so of course it's cheesy right?

Not a Academy Awards-level epic, just a fun-to-watch Adventure Flic. :)

Jacqui said:
He did not do a lot of films and things, but what he did was usually very good.

Looked him up in Wikipedia, and was surprised at how many shows he acted in or added his voice too...the dude kept pretty busy!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
emysemys said:
...and WHAT A BODY!!
First thing that yvonne thinks of.

Status
Not open for further replies.