Micro-chipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
The SDTTS is doing $15. vet checks and $20. micro chipping this Friday. The idea of sticking a micro chip in my little yearling torts scares me. What do you guys think? My dog had it done and it left a lump in his neck for awhile. My torts seem much more delicate.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
My cats' & dog's are chipped I dont see the need to chip a tort that's just me :D

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Have Heard Of Someone Chipping Their Tort On Here, My Dog Used To Have A Chip!
It Works Great, I Would Be Scared To Chip My Little Guy Tho

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Thanks for the input. I guess if a tort was lost and turned in to the vet, pound or tort society it would be helpful, but I am not comfortable with it. I will have to be super careful with my little guys. The tought of it really creeps me out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bob (Maggie3fan) has been chipped. But I wouldn't chip a very small tortoise until he gets a bit bigger. That's a pretty big needle that they use to inject the chip.

In England chipping is mandatory (I think), so they probably use the chip detector on found tortoises. Here, hardly any tortoises are chipped, so I really doubt the SPCA or any agency that takes in a found tortoise would even thing to look for a chip.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am going to skip it, but I am going to the vet check and I want to start going to the meetings. It is in Balboa Park which is about a 45 minute drive for me. I wish it was in the day, I am so busy with kids in the evening.

I am going to skip it, but I am going to the vet check and I want to start going to the meetings. It is in Balboa Park which is about a 45 minute drive for me. I wish it was in the day, I am so busy with kids in the evening.

Amber richardson

5 Year Member
I will be microchiping mine he is 2 years old I was thinking more like at 5 years old when he is bigger. I have 2 dogs that are and 1 cat they all use the doggy door I want shelly to use the door when he gets bigger and new dog doors you can have them scan and only open for imputed chip I'd #. I see torts on u tube use dog doors and my dogs are only 4 pounds an shelly follows them alot when he is down. I think he will use it we will see... But I don't want to have him get lost or stolen. Well he is a part of the family and I'll have a little less chance of loosing him

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I have never had a chip for my tortoises. Do they put a microchip in the same location as dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.