Middle ear abcess

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmt123

5 Year Member
I live in Raleigh nc and I was wondering if any body could perform the procedure for me I am willing to pay it just has to be reasonable

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I would look at the tortoise approved vet list for a qualified reptile/tortoise vet. None of the members here are vets to my knowledge, and a vet must do the procedure.

You should upload some pictures of the abcess so we can see what you are talking about exactly. I just recently was given a chinchilla that had its tail injured and amputated, and the tail ended up being infected and had abscesses on each side. I watched the vet pop and cut open the abscess, it was pretty gross and I would want to make sure it was done right.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
A pic would be helpful...and to have it lanced/cleared and antibiotics from vet is really not that expensive....:D

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
bmt123 said:
How much do you think it would cost

I would call the vet for a quote so at least you know the exam fee. My tort vet charges $69 dollars for the exam / office call. We are not in NC so it may be more or less. Think of it this way coming from a former vet tech the longer you wait the more it may cost if they get worse. It can go from an out patient procedure to an in patient hospital care if you wait. Keep us posted.

bmt123

5 Year Member
so i called and it is going to be about 120$ for the procedure and check up does that seem like a good price

if there is someone who lives here in raliegh do you know if there are any rescues or rehabers that would do it.

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
bmt123 said:
so i called and it is going to be about 120$ for the procedure and check up does that seem like a good price

if there is someone who lives here in raliegh do you know if there are any rescues or rehabers that would do it.

That sounds reasonable I just spent around that for exam, fecal , and wormer. Is there a list of rescues on the forum like there is a vet list? If not that would be a good thing to start . you could also search the word rescue and see what comes up on the group search.

bmt123

5 Year Member
There is not a place for rescues that I am aware of would it be possible for me to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.