Midland Painted

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I have the cutest water turtle...I just realized he hasn't a name...I buy goldfish or minnows for food at times...there's always one feeder fish he can't catch and pretty soon he has a goldfish pet and I am buy pond pellets for the damn goldfish. lol However, this goldfish is now longer than the turtle...so when I throw the turtle a night crawler, this is what happens
DSCN2370.JPG
DSCN2365.JPG
DSCN2360.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Do goldfish have teeth? He will eat that whole worm. When the fish and the turtle play tug of war and the fish wins...the turtle never gets the worm back...the fish eats it all

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do goldfish have teeth? He will eat that whole worm. When the fish and the turtle play tug of war and the fish wins...the turtle never gets the worm back...the fish eats it all
I believe they do but not in the front where they can be seen. They are in the back. I don't think their mouths are as smooth as a turtles is, so giving them a better grip. If the turtle bits down he would get a chunk where the fish can suck it in more than a turtle can.
Still surprising that the turtle doesn't win the worm more.
Maybe he needs to get up earlier. You know, the early bird/fish gets the worm. Lol, I know, stupid lol

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Lyns said to name it Fishy. LOL, we have had a couple named Fishy.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Ok. Just cut the worm in two. Fish can't eat them both at once, right? And Turtle gets what's better than nothing.

ryan57

PA
In my pond I had 12 goldfish 3 koi and originally 5 pond turtles that didn't work out and about 3000 guppies at one time. When I took them in for the first winter to the tank inside, the goldfish (I.E. Gangsters) ate at least 300 of the guppies in one sitting because I had them in one tank just like the pond. I felt so bad.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I believe they do but not in the front where they can be seen. They are in the back. I don't think their mouths are as smooth as a turtles is, so giving them a better grip. If the turtle bits down he would get a chunk where the fish can suck it in more than a turtle can.
Still surprising that the turtle doesn't win the worm more.
Maybe he needs to get up earlier. You know, the early bird/fish gets the worm. Lol, I know, stupid lol
He's smaller than the fish, so he loses