Might Be Leaving T.F.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
I'm so sorry, Colleen! :( hope I never encounter a personal attack. :( My advice... kill them with kindness! It'll feel like "burning coals on their head". One of my favorite verses. ;)

I wish i was wired that way, but kindness never seems to work with certain people. And i admit, i am not good at being kind to those who treat me badly.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I wish i was wired that way, but kindness never seems to work with certain people. And i admit, i am not good at being kind to those who treat me badly.

I understand! I didn't say I was kind to others, I just said that it's a good idea. ;) I hope you don't encounter any more rudeness!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
We should probably get off that subject. That thread was deleted, bringing it here doesn't serve any purpose.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I totally agree with you: how on earth can you be kind to someone who hurts you?!

I totally ignore him/her, till the right time comes........then watch!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Golly, Gillian!!!!
Missed all this but glad to see you're not leaving and are still about a bit.
As you know, i rarely come on TFO now, and that's partly because of one or two absolute members.
And people who post sweet, honeyed words on posts like this, which is so easy to do and earns them respect and likes, are sometimes making jokes at your expense in PM.
And if one reacts negatively to this, one is accused of having no sense of humour.
Ho, hum.

Kori5

Golly, Gillian!!!!
Missed all this but glad to see you're not leaving and are still about a bit.
As you know, i rarely come on TFO now, and that's partly because of one or two absolute members.
And people who post sweet, honeyed words on posts like this, which is so easy to do and earns them respect and likes, are sometimes making jokes at your expense in PM.
And if one reacts negatively to this, one is accused of having no sense of humour.
Ho, hum.
I do miss your posts and Tidgy. I love caring and emotional people and reading posts from tender souls makes my day better. After all, that is the reason why I joined this forum.

M

Maggie Cummings

From the other side.....I am one of those people who is straight to the point and very blunt. I'm constantly getting notices to back off, or my post is deleted. But just as you are so sensitive, I am blunt and honest. I am not liked here much, but that sure doesn't stop me from posting when I want. Surprisingly I have been hurt a lot from comments by those who think they are superior. BUT I'm not allowing anyone to chase me away. We are each our own person. DON'T allow a meanie grouchy person to chase you away, don't allow them to win. I have been misunderstood a lot. I am not mean and I would never deliberately hurt someone. But I am taken that way constantly. It was my tortoise they liked, not me.
If you are having problems with a person tell a moderator, it's their job to protect you and keep TFO running smooth.
Also if someone gives you a hard time just tell them to "fu*K off". It will make you feel a lot better. BUT don't allow a jerk (even if it's me) to chase you away.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
I've got a uncle that pisses everybody off in my family. No matter what he does he always finds a way to be a jackass. Over the years I found his antics amusing and comical. I never take anything personal because....well....he's an idiot...but he's family! This site is similar, it's a community of many really passionate herps and some who choose other agendas like my uncle! I prefer the fun loving community but the crazy family members give me a good laugh for the day at their expense. Sometimes indifference is a good thing:). On a side note did Gillian leave yet?!?! Joking! This site wouldn't be the same without you Gillian glad your still posting away!!!!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
From the other side.....I am one of those people who is straight to the point and very blunt. I'm constantly getting notices to back off, or my post is deleted. But just as you are so sensitive, I am blunt and honest. I am not liked here much, but that sure doesn't stop me from posting when I want. Surprisingly I have been hurt a lot from comments by those who think they are superior. BUT I'm not allowing anyone to chase me away. We are each our own person. DON'T allow a meanie grouchy person to chase you away, don't allow them to win. I have been misunderstood a lot. I am not mean and I would never deliberately hurt someone. But I am taken that way constantly. It was my tortoise they liked, not me.
If you are having problems with a person tell a moderator, it's their job to protect you and keep TFO running smooth.
Also if someone gives you a hard time just tell them to "fu*K off". It will make you feel a lot better. BUT don't allow a jerk (even if it's me) to chase you away.

Fook Off Maggie! God I feel better now! Woohoo! In fact I'm going to drive to Columbus Ohio today and buy me an Ornate box turtle thanks to Maggie pissing me off:)

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa

I actually prefer someone is honest and blunt to me, but the person i dealt with thought i had said something on HIS thread that was not relevant, ( which is incorrect, my post had everything to do with what he posted) but he had my posts removed from his thread, And told me to talk only about the very subject he was speaking.. Altho, i already was..So i am guessing there is some mental illness on his part, and i will stay away from said person in the future. i am not sure if he moderates or if he has a friend who does and my posts were removed that way. i don't get it. i did nothing wrong except try to add to the conversation.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It would be impossible for all of us to think, act and behave the same way.
Our members are from everywhere and sometimes we clash. For a good reason or not.
I think that it would be slightly boring if there wasn't at least a little conflict.
Maybe that's more easily said by someone who's not currently under attack........That I'm aware of.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was going to stay out of this discussion, but I feel I have to say something in defense of the person who hurt Gillian's feelings. This was a thread where experienced members were discussing tortoises. They have been keeping and breeding tortoises longer than most of us, and really know what they're talking about. Very experienced members. Gillian innocently advised them on what to do to help the tortoise. Very good advice...when given to a newbie. Not knowing Gillian or her experience level, one of them was a bit rude in his response to her post.

This happens. It's not something to take to heart. I'm sorry it happened to Gillian, but I understand her and how sensitive she is. These other people don't. Gillian, you have to just ignore things like this and try to move beyond it. Try to not let it bother you. And understand they don't know you. They're just responding to what you said. The forum would be a very sad place if all of us were alike. It's good that we have such a sensitive person as yourself here to balance us. Keep up the good work, and walk away from hurtful comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.