Mike Taylor IS Mr Awesome!!!!!

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I know @mike taylor has his own personal promotion thread where he self claimed to be Mr Awesome but I wanted to let everyone know that he truly is Mr Awesome. I moved here to Houston 4 years ago for work so I didn't have any friends here. Between work and family I've not made very many non work friends but Mike is Super Mr Awesome. Every time I need help with something he's just come over and helped, no excuses and never charges me a dime. I know mikes a busy family guy too but he's always made time for me and I just wanted to publicly thank him, he's a true friend. I just wish he would call me when he's working on something so I can return the many favors. The help has been one sided so far Mike so you better get busy building an enclosure or something I can help with mike! Hell, even if you're getting paid for a side job and just need an extra set of hands. Call me, I got you!

I've been having problems in my neighborhood with vehicle break-ins so I bought a badass security camera system and Mike came over today to help me run the wires for the cameras. This was a major pain because I don't have a real attic, just a super small crawl space filled with insulation and duct work so we had to cut a half dozen or so hole in my drywall and I had to climb through all that crap and together we pulled wires for 6 cameras. 4 down stairs and 2 upstairs. This was no easy task so it was a huge help having Mike. Thanks again brother.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440297156.580630.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440297177.350968.jpg

I've now got the power supply installed, all the wires terminated and hooked up to the DVR and installed 2 of the cameras.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440297246.089353.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440297265.491999.jpg

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
That second pic shows an electrical plug. That's at the top of a closet. I had to tap into some existing power and run that plug. I'll give you guys one guess who taught me (over the phone even!) how to do that.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
That second pic shows an electrical plug. That's at the top of a closet. I had to tap into some existing power and run that plug. I'll give you guys one guess who taught me (over the phone even!) how to do that.

How many times did you get hit?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
How many times did you get hit?
The first time I got hit at least 6 times. I worked on the circuit live so uncoils check it at each step to make sure I was doing it correctly. Now I've done it enough times that I just turn the breaker off, get the work complete, flip the breaker on and it's all correct. I learn the hard way the first time then I'm good, lol.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I know @mike taylor has his own personal promotion thread where he self claimed to be Mr Awesome but I wanted to let everyone know that he truly is Mr Awesome. I moved here to Houston 4 years ago for work so I didn't have any friends here. Between work and family I've not made very many non work friends but Mike is Super Mr Awesome. Every time I need help with something he's just come over and helped, no excuses and never charges me a dime. I know mikes a busy family guy too but he's always made time for me and I just wanted to publicly thank him, he's a true friend. I just wish he would call me when he's working on something so I can return the many favors. The help has been one sided so far Mike so you better get busy building an enclosure or something I can help with mike! Hell, even if you're getting paid for a side job and just need an extra set of hands. Call me, I got you!

I've been having problems in my neighborhood with vehicle break-ins so I bought a badass security camera system and Mike came over today to help me run the wires for the cameras. This was a major pain because I don't have a real attic, just a super small crawl space filled with insulation and duct work so we had to cut a half dozen or so hole in my drywall and I had to climb through all that crap and together we pulled wires for 6 cameras. 4 down stairs and 2 upstairs. This was no easy task so it was a huge help having Mike. Thanks again brother.

View attachment 144993
View attachment 144994

I've now got the power supply installed, all the wires terminated and hooked up to the DVR and installed 2 of the cameras.

View attachment 144995
View attachment 144996

I guess you can keep an eye on your daughter and her boyfriend;)