Mili and Marty one year later!

etreal

Location (City and/or State)
Monterrey, Mexico.
Hi friends!

It has been more than a year since I posted last time. So I want to catch up with news and pics of my two Gopherus, Mili and Marty.

As the past few years, they hibernated from mid November to early April in their now favorite spot (the water boiler area). Last summer Marty spent some weeks with a female owned by a neighbor. This summer Mili was the one visiting her. I have been informed that she has been seen digging, so let's hope we can get some hatchlings.

Here are Mili and Marty.

T5.jpg

T6.jpg

Best regards,

Eugenio.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Eugenio:

Man, they look GREAT!!!

I just wanted to let you know, just FYI, it is illegal to breed the Gopherus tortoises, illegal to knowingly hatch the eggs.

etreal

Monterrey, Mexico.
Hi Eugenio:

Man, they look GREAT!!!

I just wanted to let you know, just FYI, it is illegal to breed the Gopherus tortoises, illegal to knowingly hatch the eggs.
Yvonne.

I hope you are doing great. Thanks for the information. Just let me do a clarification. I live in Mexico and in Mexico it is not ilegal to breed the Gopherus Berlandieri. I am attaching some pics where you can see that its reproduction in captivity is allowed (government page, biblioteca.semarnat.gob.mx). In the third pic you can see both Gopherus species listed.

Good or bad? I reserve my comment; but not illegal.

Best regards,

Eugenio.

T11 (2).pngT10.png

T9.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne.

I hope you are doing great. Thanks for the information. Just let me do a clarification. I live in Mexico and in Mexico it is not ilegal to breed the Gopherus Berlandieri. I am attaching some pics where you can see that its reproduction in captivity is allowed (government page, biblioteca.semarnat.gob.mx). In the third pic you can see both Gopherus species listed.

Good or bad? I reserve my comment; but not illegal.

Best regards,

Eugenio.

View attachment 348760View attachment 348762

View attachment 348764
Oh, I see! I'm on the 'net from my kindle and the small screen doesn't include the poster's location. Only way I can see your location it to tap your avatar, which I'm usually too lazy to do. I'll have to be unlazy next time I want to point out rules. Sorry, and thank you!