Misting/ soaking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi there,
I am wondering how often you guys mist/soak your leopards? I found that redfoot site that someone posted here to be great.My redfoot Jack is so happy to be sprayed.
Is there one like that for leopards? I thought they liked it dry, but reading here seems your concerned with humidity.
Also how do you measure humidity? I have my guys in pools.
Thanks

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I wonder too! I was always told DRY DRY DRY! But after today's discussions, I put a moist hide in Howie's sand area (so the moisture wouldn't soak into his hay), and he loved it! I misted him just a little bit, and he was excited! LOL!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I have humistat with remote probe I got at at a petstore. What I like about it is that it can be used in any of my enclosures. It costs more than a mounted one but I can measure the area I want.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I do underdstand the need for the young ones to be more moist than the adults. Your's is young right Kelly?
Is daily misting too much for an adult? And what is the proper humidity?
Thanks

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey guys. IMO you should soak your leopards and provide a humid hide. But the enclosure its self should be dry. With a dry hide spot and a humid hide spot he can regulate the humidity and actually provides micro climets in a small enclosure. Kind of like how you would have a warm side and cool side of a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.