Misty (did I tell you I got a puppy?)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Since this very old thread has been reincarnated, I thought it would be nice if I were to thank @BeeBee*BeeLeaves for her helpful information. Since this post, about a year and a half ago, I've been giving Misty the turmeric, vit. c, glucosomine and MSM every other day and I'm happy to say that she's pain free and shows no signs of bad hips.

Oh yay! You are quite welcome Yvonne. Made my day to read this.
Happy-happy! For you and for baby Misty! Dancing for joy over here! : )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very sorry for you. Will you get another dog or not?
I'm trying to decide if it would be very selfish of me to get another as my daughter would be the one saddled with my dog and cats when I die (I'm 85 this year, so not much time left on my clock). But I live in a semi rural area and having a big dog with a big bark was very comforting to me in my solitary life.

I've always said I value my aloneness, and love being alone. But until I lost Misty I didn't realize that I WASN'T alone, and NOW I am!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sorry for your loss. Maybe rescue a puppy that you and your daughter pick out?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
So sorry for your loss!

My family knows I will take any pet they get if something happens to them, so it depends on if YOU think she will be "saddled" or SHE thinks she will be saddled. :cool:

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I'm trying to decide if it would be very selfish of me to get another as my daughter would be the one saddled with my dog and cats when I die (I'm 85 this year, so not much time left on my clock). But I live in a semi rural area and having a big dog with a big bark was very comforting to me in my solitary life.

I've always said I value my aloneness, and love being alone. But until I lost Misty I didn't realize that I WASN'T alone, and NOW I am!

I’m sorry for your loss, Yvonne. If you were to get another dog, I have a feeling that your daughter would be comforted too, in knowing you’re not alone and have a protector. ❤️

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va

It would not be selfish to get another dog of any age or breed no matter how old you are. There is a dog out there that wants your love and it will love you more than it loves itself even if it's only for a short time.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
very sad news . sorry for your loss . such great creatures to be given such short lives ....... misty was a lucky one ......