Mixing baby torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsross1970

5 Year Member
Could a baby sulcata and a small russian tort be kept together in a outdoor enclosure for basking? The outdoor enclosure is 10' x 17'. Don't worry they won't be left alone because of predators, and what about in a tort table inside with fine ground coconut substrate? The table is 4' by 8'......

chadk

10 Year Member!
Could they? Sure. Should youy? Not so sure. Are they both captive bred? Have you had a fecal check and\or treated for parasites and pathogens? How old are they? Hatchlings can be pretty fragile.

Those torts are so small, you could easily split that enclosure in half and have plenty of room for each tort to have his own space.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I'd keep them seperated. Even if they are cb, they have different social behaviours. For example, the russian may have a display that tells other russians this is my space that sulcatta wouldn't recognize leading to stress for both torts

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
If they do not cohabitate in the wild, they should not be cohabitated in captivity. I agree just split the enclosure with something that will create a sight barrier, and remove all danger of stress.

Kristina

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If they are small you could run a line of cement bricks down the middle of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.