More of Tom's Job Stuff

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I haven't posted any work stuff for a while. Thought some of the newer members might like to see some of my work too. This is a commercial I did a couple of months ago. I haven't seen it air yet, but a friend sent it to me on youtube. This is my dog Seven. He's the two year old son of my other dog Bullet, who you have all seen many times whether you know it or not. Seven has been working a lot lately and seems to be following in his father's foot steps. The cool thing is that Bullet, Seven, and Seven's mother Sophie, have all been raised on Pro-Plan and fed Pro-Plan their whole lives. That made it sort of a fun commercial to work on. Bullet is now 12 years old and living a life of luxury semi-retired and just being a regular "house" dog now. Seven's career is just getting started!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwKoUHIEC5k

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is fantastic Tom. Joe will love seeing this. Joe and I were very impressed with Seven. If he could have stole him away from you, he would have.:)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
He is a very, very beautiful dog! Love him!!

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
May I have a Paw Autograph? He's a star! Love the commercial.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a really cute commercial. Made me chuckle out loud.

erica anne said:
Retired from? I am so curious. Beautiful dog by the way.

(Bullet is retired from show business)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Did you bring this one to AZ last year?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow Tom, you trained your dog good! He's beautiful, and while you aren't Turtleman ;), Seven is a brilliant star!!! Thanks for sharing. Now, I can brag to my friends :p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I love seeing things from your jobs. I wish you would post more about your work and give us some more pictures. It must be so exciting, and I know everyone would enjoy seeing what you do.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
Very cool. Thanks for sharing! I knew you trained dogs, but had no idea at what level. I don't have tv, so I'm glad you shared the commercial on here. :)

forujade00

5 Year Member
Maryland
Beautuful dog and loved the commercial. Had to show it to my dog lover friends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Neal said:
Did you bring this one to AZ last year?

Yes. Good memory. He was the one I was jumping over the parking garage walls.

erica anne said:
Retired from? I am so curious. Beautiful dog by the way.

To elaborate on Yvonne's answer: I train animals for the entertainment industry. All animals. Bullet has worked in in movies, TV and commercials for about the last 11 years. He's been on most TV shows you've ever heard of and some of them multiple times. Did you see "D'Jango Unchained"? He was one of "THOSE" dogs. He's literally been all over the world with me. South Africa, Morocco, Mexico City...

I also used to compete with him in a hard core protection dog sport, and he broke all sorts of records in the sport and won the Nationals" 4 times in 4 attempts.

He is the BEST dog that ever lived.

I don't know that Seven will ever match his Daddy's accomplishments, but he's off to a great start. Look for him in an upcoming Capitol One commercial too.

Here is the other spot we did at the same time. The Corgi belongs to another company, but the GWP is one of my company's dogs. He was mostly trained by one of the girls I work with, but I helped here and there along the way. All the underwater shots were done in a pool, and I helped with that. This weekend I am picking up a puppy that will be a half brother to this dog and double him for movies and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfK2wzZIQV4

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I'm so jealous of your work Tom!! You do such a wonderful job training your animals!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Omg, Tom, I had no idea of the extent of your work! How do you have the time to get on the forum and help people like me? Don't know how you do that! But, I'm sure appreciative that you are here still helping members:)

sopo

5 Year Member
So Central OK
Very cool and a beautiful dog. Thanks for sharing and what a great career. I would so rather work with animals than people. I used to breed cats and retired...mainly cause of the people part of it. Hope to see more of your work.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
sibi said:
Omg, Tom, I had no idea of the extent of your work! How do you have the time to get on the forum and help people like me? Don't know how you do that! But, I'm sure appreciative that you are here still helping members:)

There is a lot of "downtime" in the movie business. I have to be here, but sometimes I just sit around for hours. Other days, I never sit down. That's why I laughed when that one guy said I have no life and just sit around on a tortoise forum all day. I have TOO MUCH life going on!