More rescues and not sure what to do

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Back Story
My daughter (12) had a friend over this weekend and checked out our turtles. She told us her Grandma had a couple that she has had for a long time and nothing else was really said. So today my daughter calls and to ask if we would take the turtles that they didn't want them anymore and don't give them any attention. I ask for some pictures just to see what they were. A male and female 3 toe, I guess they have also been mating recently. I noticed the female has some paint on her but I don't think it's an issue. I haven't decided what to do yet but this is what happens a lot. Ugh, what to do.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432759805.176276.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432759819.917704.jpg

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I have plenty, I just don't know what to do here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you have a big space outside, I think you ought to take them. Actually, this is how I got started in the Rescue business. You can look around and try to find a good home for them if you don't want them.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I have plenty of space, I just don't want to take on anymore 3 toes, I did have the female brought over to look at her and clean off some of the paint.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
How terribly difficult.
Of course I know you are far from heartless, but goodness, how many can you cope with and still give maximum care?
i wish i were near enough to take a couple off your hands.
They're beautiful.
An overabundance of wealth, i suppose.
Good luck!
i know you'll do better than the best for them.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
How terribly difficult.
Of course I know you are far from heartless, but goodness, how many can you cope with and still give maximum care?
i wish i were near enough to take a couple off your hands.
They're beautiful.
An overabundance of wealth, i suppose.
Good luck!
i know you'll do better than the best for them.
It does get difficult turning people down and not knowing what they will end up doing with them. I have 100 acres in the country and plan on building some sort of secured area that I can release them into that will be safe. We have ponds and wooded areas that are fenced off, I will figure something out. It's really not that hard to take care of right now. My kids help out and now that it's summer break they get to do the work.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It does get difficult turning people down and not knowing what they will end up doing with them. I have 100 acres in the country and plan on building some sort of secured area that I can release them into that will be safe. We have ponds and wooded areas that are fenced off, I will figure something out. It's really not that hard to take care of right now. My kids help out and now that it's summer break they get to do the work.
Yeah, make the kiddy-winky's do the graft.
It'll seriously teach them good life lessons.
As i'm sure you know better than I.