More strange eating behaviors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialworker81

5 Year Member
I posted awhile back about a juvie redfoot who I rescued from a pet store... He wouldn't eat at the store and quite frankly I didn't think he would still be alive! However, he will only eat food outside. As I live in PA, the weather lately has been cold and rainy and he can't always be outside. Since today is the same, he didn't eat :(
I put him on the floor and put food on the floor for him to eat. Banana and red pepper. Not the best food, but I'm just trying to get him to eat something!!! He is on the floor now, eating! Obviously the floor isn't warm and humid like his enclosure... Does anyone know why he is behaving this way?!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Could it be the temperature outside is warmer than his enclosure?

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
well I learn that tort only eat if it feel comfort, if he doesn't want to eat inside his enclosure maybe he is not feel comfort, you could try arrange the enclosure to make it more wide and put some plant (artificial or real) , put some decoration , clean food dish , etc.
I could say this because it happen to me

socialworker81

5 Year Member
It's much warmer and humid in his enclosure than our house. He does have some plants, a hiding spot and a clean dish. I guess I will keep trying to feed him on the floor and his enclosure and see how it goes

socialworker81

5 Year Member
Just an update... I am still having trouble with the little guy eating, but he does drink a lot during his daily soaks. He doesn't seem to like his water dish. When I left for work today, I gave him some dandelion greens, mazuri and mango. I placed the food on a flat piece of slate to see if it would make a difference. He didn't eat it all, but a little. It's a start and I hope he continues. I think he just needed to get out of his old, terrible home at the pet store and get used to his new fantastic home!

Status
Not open for further replies.