Most UN personable tortoise(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weldd

10 Year Member!
I feel like I have to defend the honor of Pyxis tortoises. I keep all of my animals inside and while it took a little while, they come running when I walk into the room. Provided they are not taking their 5 month long winter nap (lol)! The babies are outgoing as well.

I think most animals will get used to interacting with us if we're patient enough...

egyptiandan said:
I sometimes wonder if they aren't just rocks painted to look like Spider tortoises, though their food does disappear. :p

Always glad to pass out the chuckles. :D

Danny

P.S. If anyone has spiders they are tired of, please let me know!

Thanks, Will...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Will:

Welcome to the forum!! Where are you located?

Weldd

10 Year Member!
Hello. I'm in North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte...

emysemys said:
Hi Will:

Welcome to the forum!! Where are you located?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
Jacqui said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
Jacqui said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
About the least personable/most shy tort I've ever had was a Home's Hingeback...only had the one, so I've no 1st hand knowledege about if that's the norm for this species.
I have some very personable and not at all shy Homes. :D

Had I known of you then, I'd've sent this miserable creature to you...I spent nearly $1K and a lot of time trying everything I (and various friends at 3 different zoos) could think of to create for it a happy home... :(

I am very impressed with folks who go to such ends to try and make their tortoises content. Sounds like perhaps in this case, you had one who would not have acted content no matter what was done for it.

Raised to believe that when you take a person or an animal into your home and life, you owe him/her/it every opportunity to be happy/comfortable/content.

In the case of "Homer", I failed miserably and after about 18 nmonths, he just faded. :(

I never got another...have had great luck with Europeans, sulcatas, leopards and box turtles, so
I stick w/ those.

Status
Not open for further replies.