Mother of Six Sulcatas

Julie Anne

Location (City and/or State)
Hammond
I have six sulcatas that are four years old. They have all live together since I got them. One is considerably smaller than all the others. Should I separate him, I guess it's a he, or put him in an environment with one other for company? They all get along.

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
You should definitely separate them, whatever you see the tortoises don’t get along especially Sulcatas they don’t live in groups.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Where is Hammond?

What sizes are they? How have you been caring for them?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would worry that the smallest one may be injured by the larger ones (accidentally). It might not be a problem if your tortoise yard is quite large and they're not all crammed together in a small pen.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures of the tortoises in their yard. Your avatar picture intrigues me.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, the smaller one might be the one being bullied more and not getting his fair share of food.

franklin444

U.S.A
What ind of enclosure are they in. If it is a very large yard it may be okay to keep them together but it would have to be quite huge.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello and welcome! How did you end up with 6 Beautiful Sullies? Any idea what your male / female ratio is? I’d love to see more pics!!!