moved thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustee35

10 Year Member!
I was replying to a sale thread and the moderator came and moved it from the adoption section to the sale section and now I cannot find it and when I try to access the old thread it states I do not have permission to view it. why is that like that and how can I get back to that paticular sale thread? Deanna

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
do you remember the title of the thread or even the subject matter?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Deanna:

Responses in the "for sale" threads are not encouraged and are usually removed. In this particular case, the ad was made by a brand new person. Because we don't like to encourage folks to join merely to place for sale ads, we have a 30 post/30day rule whereby new members must either have made 30 posts or have been an active member for 30 days before they can use the "for sale" section. So when a moderator (read me) saw the thread, it was removed with a note sent to the OP.

Incidentally, when a person is charging a "re-homing fee" to most of us here on the forum that means they are actually SELLING the tortoise, not adopting it out. Adoptions are usually free.

dustee35

10 Year Member!
that must have been why the whole thread just disappeared! Now I understand. thank you for getting back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.