Movement throughout the day

Location (City and/or State)
Denmark
I recently encountered a new problem.

2 of my Russian tortoises has recently started to, stay in there sleeping area they made/dug and only come out when I feed them.

This is not normal, so I was wondering if anyone knows, how I could try to solve the issue.
Even if I move them out by force, they still just go back to sleep.

Its summertime and they get light also UVB when they should so I need help to solve the issue if possible.

xMario

Germany
How many tortoises are u keeping together?
How many males and females?

Tortoises should never live in pairs
If u have a pair its likely that they try to avoid each other
I recently encountered a new problem.

2 of my Russian tortoises has recently started to, stay in there sleeping area they made/dug and only come out when I feed them.

This is not normal, so I was wondering if anyone knows, how I could try to solve the issue.
Even if I move them out by force, they still just go back to sleep.

Its summertime and they get light also UVB when they should so I need help to solve the issue if possible.

Denmark
How many tortoises are u keeping together?
How many males and females?

Tortoises should never live in pairs
If u have a pair its likely that they try to avoid each other
I have a pair together but I don't think that is the reason since they are laying next to each other like within 25 cm of each other but I will try to separate them if you think it helps :D

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I have a pair together but I don't think that is the reason since they are laying next to each other like within 25 cm of each other but I will try to separate them if you think it helps :D

Being together, while it looks affectionate, is usually one tortoise trying to stress the other out of its territory. I would definitely separate :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If it's very hot in the summer where you live they may be aestevating.

es·ti·vate
/ˈestəˌvāt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
ZOOLOGY
verb: aestivate
  1. (of an animal, particularly an insect, fish, or amphibian) spend a hot or dry period in a prolonged state of torpor or dormancy.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome.
How many of these tortoises are in the same enclosure? What are the temperatures in the enclosure?

Denmark
If it's very hot in the summer where you live they may be aestevating.

es·ti·vate
/ˈestəˌvāt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
ZOOLOGY
verb: aestivate
  1. (of an animal, particularly an insect, fish, or amphibian) spend a hot or dry period in a prolonged state of torpor or dormancy.
It may also be that cause the summer this year has been about 25-30 C and a humidity of around 60-90%

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The tempeture is fine i already checked it and i only have 2 together that i seperated now after seeing what others said
There are good reasons for the questions that you are asked to respond to. It always helps to be informed as to the specific conditions being maintained in the enclosure. Then we are better able to help with any problems. When you reply "the temperature is fine", it tells us nothing except that you think it is OK. Suppose it is not OK? Then we would be wasting our time trying to help, as we would be unaware of what we are dealing with. We are not trying to pry or criticise. Just trying to get a clear picture of all the conditions before we start recommending anything to you.

Denmark
There are good reasons for the questions that you are asked to respond to. It always helps to be informed as to the specific conditions being maintained in the enclosure. Then we are better able to help with any problems. When you reply "the temperature is fine", it tells us nothing except that you think it is OK. Suppose it is not OK? Then we would be wasting our time trying to help, as we would be unaware of what we are dealing with. We are not trying to pry or criticise. Just trying to get a clear picture of all the conditions before we start recommending anything to you.
alright temps are At basking area 37C or 100 Fahrenheit and in the nomal terrain 20C or 70Fahrenheit

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Now maybe some expert on temperatures for these tortoises will respond? And what would greatly help would be some pictures of the enclosure they are in at this time. Thank you for your cooperation in your desire to make a good life for them!

Denmark
Now maybe some expert on temperatures for these tortoises will respond? And what would greatly help would be some pictures of the enclosure they are in at this time. Thank you for your cooperation in your desire to make a good life for them!
I figured it out it was the temperature I realized I hadn't measured it since the beginning of summer and found out it was laying at 32C in normal terrain which was way too high thanks for the help