Moving 3.5 hrs north, from Southern Az to Northern Az... Transportation?

Mangito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So I'm moving to Northern Az, about a 3.5 hour drive from my current area... Since it's winter it is pretty cold up there, maybe not out east cold (thank God) but still 20s and 30s.

Any ideas on how to keep my enclosure warm on the drive up?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Go get a small shoe tub at Wal-Mart and put him/her in that for the drive up. I keep mine on the floor board and in the front seat and keep the heat on the floor so it hits the babies on the floor and goes up to the ones on the seat. I roll down my window and put the lid on them when I get too hot to drive. Works out just fine. i also make sure their vacation table is set up for me when I get there so they go from the transportation tub, to the bath tub and right into their home away from home. I have traveled on average twice a month from Dallas to Houston, 4.5 hour drive, with no ill effects. They eat normal after every trip. They seem to enjoy being able to play outside in Houston since the weather in Dallas has had them locked in doors for the entire winter. You can aslo try those hand warmer bags but under no circumstance should you allow the warmer to come into direct contact with your tortoise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Watch out for drafts. I would go with them inside the shoe box with a wrapped hand warmer and then cover the whole thing with a towel. Be sure to buckle them in, so if you stop quick they don't fly.