Moving from Texas to Colorado

mwind06

Location (City and/or State)
Seminole, Tx
I moved from Az to Tx which temp has been in the 20's I brought my 40 pouud sulcata with me and had to set up enclosure in the house any other sugesstions for Colorado

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I moved from Az to Tx which temp has been in the 20's I brought my 40 pouud sulcata with me and had to set up enclosure in the house any other sugesstions for Colorado
I have 3 tortoises in here now...one is a 45 pound Sulcata...100_1491.JPG
no way I would have her in the house...

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
lots of sun in colorado , maybe you can do something with solar ......

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Your little guy is getting the best you can do right now, so that's cool. CO is a tough one, I used to ski out there above Boulder.....they have glaciers in summer! Snow starts in Sept depending on your elev.

If you are low, that will be a huge help. Have you picked where you're going to live yet?

Your little guy......does he mountain climb?

Like Mags showed, you will have to get him nice and warm, all the time. I know some members here have done some pretty ingenious methods of using the sun to heat and more importantly, to store heat for their enclosures. I think Mark1 above is one of them! Unless you have the time, you may have to invest in commercial items till you can break from the electrical tap, if you choose.

Good luck and post up how it goes!

jeff