Moving My Baby Hermann's Tortoise To A New House

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Uk
I am moving house soon (in about a week) and I need help. I'm not moving to my new house immediately, I'm moving to my grandparents for a few weeks, then I'm going to the new house. My baby Hermann's needs to move too, and I hear that if you move a tortoise the will get respiratory disease. She, like me, is moving twice. Should I take her to the vet? If I do, isn't that just going to make her more ill by moving her again? Thank you.:)

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Uk
Ok, thank you Cheryl Hills. I will make sure her temperatures are the same as they are now when I'm moving her around.:)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Ok, thank you Cheryl Hills. I will make sure her temperatures are the same as they are now when I'm moving her around.:)
All the best! Let us know how everything goes. Which part of UK? It's still cold there, right?
And welcome to the site!

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Uk
All the best! Let us know how everything goes. Which part of UK? It's still cold there, right?
And welcome to the site!
Thank you, I will. I live in Essex, England. It's early April, and yesterday it got to 17°c.

Mia&Felicity

5 Year Member
Uk
And welcome to the site!
Just thought I would update you on the move. I have been in my new house for a week now, and Flic has been doing fine. I've had no trouble (exept for the fact that she is naturally naughty) with her. She seems very healthy; I took her outside earlier, and she ate some nemesia flowers but being her, she tried to run into the next-door neighbours front garden.