Moving to Humboldt, rehoming Walter

LindaM

Location (City and/or State)
Mckinleyville
Hiya I’m Linda and we are moving from Los Angeles to Mckinleyville, CA. Walter is an 11 year old sulcata, super tame, I’ve had him since he was a hatchling. We love him too much to keep him inside all the time, and that would be his life in misty, chilly Humboldt.

Ideas? Takers? Home visit strongly preferred, and we will take him back immediately upon request.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
With a heated shed, maybe even a heated night box, I think he would do fine with you and the new home.
Sad you have to re-home him.
Good luck.

LindaM

Mckinleyville
Do you think so?! It’s just that he’s so big and he just loves to be outside on the lawn. He has the run of the place here and stays in the house at night. But it’s rarely out of the 60s as a high there in Humboldt, even in summer.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow really, temps not even in the summer are warm? Unfortunately it is probably better then to re-home him. Otherwise you would need to build a very large heated shed that he would have to spend most of his day in.

navycop2004

Oregon
Hiya I’m Linda and we are moving from Los Angeles to Mckinleyville, CA. Walter is an 11 year old sulcata, super tame, I’ve had him since he was a hatchling. We love him too much to keep him inside all the time, and that would be his life in misty, chilly Humboldt.

Ideas? Takers? Home visit strongly preferred, and we will take him back immediately upon request.
I think he would be ok in the summer months there especially with on outside box, it does rain a lot yes but still think he would be good, could I see a picture of him? I live in bend, OR