Moxie Post-Op

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Sierra Vista, AZ
My chihuahua Moxie had to get surgery on her right knee (Luxating patella) and a lipoma removed from her neck. The stitches cover more than 1/4 of her body, since she isn't very big. She had her left knee fixed a couple years ago, so I am hoping she won't have to get any further work done on either! But she's not allowed to play, run or jump, so she is a little under the weather but taking it like a champ.

Moxie's sad face:
DSC_0270.JPG

Moxie's battle wounds:
DSC_0266.JPG
DSC_0264.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Poor baby!! I hope she will be feeling better soon!! I always think it's tough to try and explain why they had to go through it... trying to tell them they will feel soooo much better later

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Awwwwwwwww I hope she has a speedy recovery! Lots of treats and extra love for her! [DOG FACE]

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My brother has a Chihuahua that looks just like yours . Butt it hates me I don't know why . It will love on my wife and kids butt I try to pet him he bites me . Are all of them so judgmental ? I wish your little guy a fast recovery .

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Yes! She is getting the royal treatment, breakfast/lunch in bed consisting of wet can food so I can hide her pills in it, treats, kisses... the other two chihuahuas are wigging out a little because she smells like other people and is injured, so there has been a lot of time-outs for them!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My bull terrier went through the same surgery a few years ago. It was a tuff one. They didn't have the right size pin, then she broke the pin anyway, they had too take it out and she still has problems with it. Not the 90% she was suppose too have. I'm sure your little one though will have no problems. Mine is a muscle bound lard butt:D

Oh, btw, if yours is anything like mine. She will milk the sad face, longer then needed, just to keep getting pampered :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a cute little doggie! I'll bet it's going to be pretty hard keeping her down while she recuperates.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow, it does look like so much has been stitched up. :( Poor little one. I can't imagine trying to keep any of my Chis from being active. Good luck to both of you.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Poor little thing and get well soon.