MPRC's Redfoot & Yellowfoot Photo Thread

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I must have missed the post about the yellow foot or just don't remember it. I've always liked them just don't do well here with the weather and lack of room to keep the inside when it's cold.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I must have missed the post about the yellow foot or just don't remember it. I've always liked them just don't do well here with the weather and lack of room to keep the inside when it's cold.

He's a new addition, he's ugly, mean and in questionable health, but now that he's here he will soon be mean, ugly and in good enough health to by my 4lb guard tortle. He's 12 and only 4 pounds. It blows my mind. He still needs a name.

baf.jpg me yeller.jpg yeller full.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
This is the new big girl, she needs a beak trim and a name. Apparently she was a bully in her last herd so we are keeping a close eye on her, but so far her and the other ladies are having a great time gorging themselves.

p2991763169-5.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Update, still at 8 tortoises. Everyone is well! Snapchat-308146256.jpegSnapchat-213135130.jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1557708085892.jpg_1557708088671.jpeg

LittleBigChief

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh Lord! Mija is 11. I never weighed him? probably 6lbs. I live in California. i'm curious what your outdoor enclosure is like. Honestly he sleeps inside our house because we have lived in really small spaces without a yard. We recently moved to a house and he gets to hang out outside a lot. But I haven't built an outdoor enclosure for him. What does your outdoor enclosure look like? I was thinking about building a "garden bed" with half of it covered hoop house style for shade, and the other just with chicken wire for sun and to keep out predators. about 40ft X 5ft. Not sure about putting in a heating source?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Oh Lord! Mija is 11. I never weighed him? probably 6lbs. I live in California. i'm curious what your outdoor enclosure is like. Honestly he sleeps inside our house because we have lived in really small spaces without a yard. We recently moved to a house and he gets to hang out outside a lot. But I haven't built an outdoor enclosure for him. What does your outdoor enclosure look like? I was thinking about building a "garden bed" with half of it covered hoop house style for shade, and the other just with chicken wire for sun and to keep out predators. about 40ft X 5ft. Not sure about putting in a heating source?
I'll snap some photos, but it's just a big 15x30ft yard with several hides, some tall grass, a few trees, etc. We are building a wading pond this year though.