Munchy plants for Leo outdoor enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore MD
The outdoor enclosure is ready to go for the little one, but I would like to add some plants for munchies! My Leo is still tiny :D So I'm looking for something that would be low to the ground.

I have some grazing tort grass seed planted and sprouting that I plan on adding the tray to the enclosure, but could use help on plants :) Should I just stick with the grass? Add some clover? He really LOVES clover :D

Also what do you use for bedding outside? I was thinking organic soil he seemed to really enjoy dirt when he's in the garden, indoor I use the coconut husk and timothy hay.

Thanks guys! ;)

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I planted a ton of different kinds of grass seeds and dandelion weeds. They love dichondra also and the oxalis. I plant petunias, but they eat them to the nub within the day, so I have to keep them separated and pull parts off each day. Mine love rose petals and mulberry leaves too. I also keep small cactus in there and they will actually eat the bottom of the cactus when they want something succulent.

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
Thanks! I just visited Home Depot today, I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow ;) I planted a grazing tort grass seed and it's already popping up :) Can't wait to have everything done for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.