munchy wont eat what hes suppose to

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
My sulcata Munchy is 3 months old and was fed danilion greens before I bought him I have bought a grass flat a daisy plant hibiscus clover-sprouts basil and xmas cactus for him but he is not eating well. I just gave him a piece of romain lettuce and he is chowing down. My question is how can I get him to eat what he's suppose to? I'm really frustrated because I want him to get a good start now but he's being difflicult (sorry about the rambling I'm just worried)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Don't stress out. Sometimes babies will get use to one thing and will reject foods that are healthy for them. Really, it's no different tan with human babies. What u need to do is mix some of the healthy foods with the foods he was use to eating. Gradually add more of the healthier foods until he starts eating what u provide. Introduce all healthier foods this way and you'll be in business.

ChuckandAsh

5 Year Member
You just need to give it time he has to get use to the new food I guess ... Mine did that to but when he gets hungry enough he will eat it

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
I tried mixing different foods but I wasn't giving him any of the lettuce so ill try mixing that in too. Also did the foods I mentioned in the first post sound like the right stuff I don't want to feed him anything poisons by accident. I also hav lavender and chives but I havnt given him any of that yet because I didn't know if it was ok for him to eat

moderndoubt

5 Year Member
Tampa, florida
Away I get my baby's to eat healthy is I get a zip lock bag and put cut up lettuce & spring mix in it then I cut up the orchard grass hay small. ( I put the hay in a coffee grinder till its almost dust) then I put the hay dust in the zip lock bag. Then I add cut up grass also very fine in the ziplock bag. Then close it and shake. The lettuces gets covered in the fine hay and good stuff. Then feed them. It works. Now my baby's will eat the hay solo because their used to the flavor.
It's a good trick I stole. Hopefully will work for you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.